Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.
Unfortunately there is no quick and easy fix for migraine sufferers. Treating migraines is a marathon, not a sprint. You have to try this and try that and change the dose of this, until you find the right combo for yourself. Not everything will respond the same way either so, that makes it harder. You need to ask your doctor about some preventative meds as well as abortive meds.
In the meantime, here are a few over-the-counter tips that have helped me in the past....
1. There are several symptoms of migraines and what causes the pain of a migraine is the blood vessels in your brain become dilated. So, sometimes it helps it you put a bit of pressure on your head. I am sure you have already been doing this unconsciously with your hands from time to time. So, get a bandanna or a cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head.
2. If you rub Mentholatum across your forehead and on your temples that helps relax those tense muscles. You can do this with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat or not.
3. Try either a cold or hot pack, whichever is more comfy to you.
4. The best OTC meds that I have found that works is Excedrin. It is a combo of Aspirin, Tylenol and Caffeine and that happens to be an excellent combo for migraines.
5. I mentioned caffeine before...well, drink coffee, Mt Dew, take Vivirin...sometimes a mega dose of caffeine will stop it in its tracks.
6. If you get nauseous or dizzy get some Meclizine from the pharmacy (the stuff behind the counter) you can take 25mg three times a day as needed. Yes it works on both.