Migraines and Headaches Community

Pamelor for child with headaches?

My 7 year old daughter has been having daily headaches for at least a month now.  They do not meet the definition of migraines, as the way she describes them, is most of the time her head hurts all over, but just a little bit.  Besides when she is in school, she seems to function as normal.  In school, she cries that her head hurts and she wants to come home (maybe more anxiety than headache???).  Also at times though, her head hurts at night and she wakes up and asks me to rub it.

We went to the neurologist who is going to give her an MRI next week.  He also prescribed her Pamelor for the next 3 months for the pain.  My question is this....is Pamelor a little too aggressive to start out with?  I have given her Tylenol and Motrin which dont really seem to help.  However, I read the warnings for Pamelor and I have a gut feeling that I dont want to give it to her.  

At this point I am not even sure whether or not it is really a headache or anxiety about school.  

Any ideas about this?
How is your daughter? Pamelor or nortriptyline is usually indicated to elevate the mood of patients with depression and other conditions such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)  and chronic pain in adults and children also. If you are not comfortable giving it to your daughter, it is best that you talk to her doctor about this for proper management. A change of medication or lower dosage may be given. Take care and do keep us posted with the MRI result. Best regards.