Migraines and Headaches Community

Psychogenic Headache

I have posted previously about having a dull pressure headache that really doesn't cause pain but is constant, feels like a tight band around my head,  and does not get better with anything. I was wondering if this could be a psychogenic headache as I have been diagnosed with major depression and am taking antidepressants and antipsychotics. My concern was that it has been said that psychogenic headaches usually go away once the psychiatric disorder is resolved. My headache has not improved even though my depression has lifted and my psychotic symptoms have lessened. Is there anything else I can do to treat this head pressure which may be a psychogenic headache?
I understand your concern regarding your headache. Aside from psychogenic pain, this could also be due to medication side effect, other neurologic issues as well as from underlying medical conditions. Further evaluation may need to be done and additional diagnostic tests may be requested. Aside from medical management, identification and avoidance  of possible triggers as well as alternative treatments like acupuncture and biofeedback therapy may also help. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor or be referred to a neurologist for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.