Migraines and Headaches Community

Ringing in the ears after long migraine

I have had migraines for about 7-8- years now.  It started out that I was turning red/purple over different parts of my body for several hours until later it effected my whole body.  I developed numbness in my feet hands/lower leg.  I saw flashing sparkles and zigzags.  My speech started going out and I would get confused.  I had no pain in my head.  It took a long time to diagnose (every kind of doctor).  The Mayo Clinic was able to determine I had migraine with aura and a mild vasculitis.  About a year later, I began having the headache pain.  I went through every type of medicine available.  Verapamil is the only thing that seemed to reduce the number down from 2-4 episodes per week to maybe 1 every couple of months.
However, recently my migraines have seemed to switch and I am having them daily for over a month now. I thought it was a flair up and went to the E.R. to knock out the pain (this one was bad and I could hardly see). I have gone back to the Doctors which resulted in a raise in meds (verapamil and gabapentin)  What is concerning is I have developed a ringing in my ears/head now for over two weeks. Not sure what this means.  I have pain on the arteries in my head (mainly left), shoulder and neck pain, my left side of my head and face are "numb" feeling (not sure if this is the gabapentin that I am taking).  To me, it sounds like temperal artery issues which I just got off of steroids with no help.  I do not know what kind of doctor I should be seeing for this or what tests/steps I should be taking.  I live in a small town with no specialists and I have to do research to present to my doctor and ask for things/tests/suggestions.  I have had to have 4 narcotics shots in the past month which I have never had to do before.  Not sure what to do from this point.
Hi!
Treatment of vasculitis generally involves steroids and immunosuppressive drugs. Autoimmune diseases too should be looked into.  
Headache with tinnitus (abnormal sound in ear) could be due to sinusitis with blocked Eustachian tube (that connects the back of your throat with your ear). Try valsalva maneuver (take a deep breath and blow while pinching your nostrils shut and closing your mouth). This will help clear the secretions in the tube. Doing this maneuver 2-3 times after taking steam gives the best result. Repeat this maneuver at least 5-6 times a day. The symptoms can be stress related or due to sleep disturbances as well. Subarachnoid hemorrhage can also give headache with tinnitus so since there is no history of head injury get your blood pressure checked. It can be a chronic daily headache which is a variant of complex migraine. It can also be due to carotid artery kinking, aneurysm or blockage. High BP could be another cause. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.