Migraines and Headaches Community

Seemingly permanent head changes after migraine?

BACKGROUND:
I started having migraines in 2013. They always began with a visual aura, and had classic symptoms such as light sensitivity and nausea. They were painful, but not terrible in terms of migraine headaches. They were also certainly manageable.  

I then didn't have one for about 1.5 years until 12/23 of this past December. It began with a visual aura, and I hoped to sleep through it. I woke up at 2am because of the worst headache pain I've ever experienced. EVER. It was behind my right eye, and on the right side of my head, which was the same location as previous migraines. This one, however, had me crawling on my hands and knees, barely able to move. It was accompanied by nausea and for the first time vomiting.  I vomited about 12 times, and went to get an IV and headache medication because of it.

MY QUESTION:
This was an "unusual worst headache ever" which has me worried. Since this headache, I still feel pulsing and throbbing where my migraine happened.  It's not a full blown migraine, but just random pings and throbbing in what feels like a vacant spot, or a pulsing vein?  It's a bit hard to describe fully, but this is constant.  I feel pain and throbbing and pulsing at all times on the right side of my head now. Weeks after the original headache.  I've heard of the "postdromal" stage lasting for a few days, but this is weeks.  And it has progressively gotten worse.  

Does anyone think I have cause for concern, or have any idea what I'm experiencing?
Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.

It sounds to me like it is the original headache just dialed down a few notches that is still hanging on. I would go see your PCP cause he can give you more pain medication to knock it completely out. Any migraine lasting more than 7 days should be discussed with your PCP.