Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.
I would definitely go see a doctor as soon as you can.
But, in the meantime, there are a few things you can try...
1. For the dizziness...get some Meclizine 25 mg. You can take one 3 times daily as needed.
2. Take Excedrin for the pain. Even if you are just having the quick sharp pains, if it is often enough I would still take some because it will help.
3. The popping feeling is normal with migraines...it is actually caused by stress, which stress is a huge factor in migraines as well so, it all gets intertwined together.
4. The confusion is also caused by the migraines...the more migraines you get the more confusion and memory loss you will have. (I have trouble finding the right word or word I want to use.)
5. Use a bandanna or cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head. The pain of a migraine is caused by the blood vessels in your brain becoming dilated so, putting a BIT of pressure against those blood vessels gives a little relief. You can also rub Mentholatum across forehead and on temples and you can do that with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat.
6. Since you are using a computer a lot...get your eyes checked. If you need glasses or a different Rx than what you have that will also aggravate migraines.
Try these suggestions while you are waiting for your insurance to kick in and then DO go see a doctor just to be sure and rule out any other underlying issues you may be having.
Good luck and keep us posted!