Migraines and Headaches Community

Verapamil and vasculitis

Hi-
I developed migraines about 7-8 years ago.  It took awhile because my symptoms were really odd.  I went through the gambit of medication and doctors (Mayo Clinic).  Verapamil seems to be the only thing that reduced the number of migraines. This may be due to having a mild vasculitis (causes discoloration and effects blood flow-constriction of the veins). Nothing else seems to touch the headaches at all and I have tried every type of medication out there.  I have not had any bad side effects from the Verapamil.  Hang in there as it may take a looonnnggg time to figure out a treatment that is right for you and your body.  
Hi!
Well, if verapamil is helping then either you have tension headaches or high blood pressure related headaches or migraines. If vasculitis is suspected then anti-inflamamtory medications may help. Also, the cause of vasculitis should be looked into.
Other possibilities are pinched nerves in neck, TMJ, GERD, wax in ear etc. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.