Migraines and Headaches Community

When should I see a doctor?

Hi! I have been getting weird headaches for about 3-4 months now. I get little pains in the back of my head that feel like a bruise being pressed on, and I get migraine like pains in the front. I also get naseua, Brain fog, and a tingling in my hands and feet. I feel like I should see a doctor, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me?
Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.

If you have a migraine that lasts more than 7 days then you need to see your doctor about getting a pain shot. Being in chronic pain is not good for you, it will run your system down.
Also, here are some over-the-counter tips to help with the migraines...

1. There are several symptoms of migraines and what causes the pain of a migraine is the blood vessels in your brain become dilated. So, sometimes it helps it you put a bit of pressure on your head. I am sure you have already been doing this unconsciously with your hands from time to time. So, get a bandanna or a cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head.
2. If you rub Mentholatum across your forehead and on your temples that helps relax those tense muscles. You can do this with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat or not.
3. Try either a cold or hot pack, whichever is more comfy to you.
4. The best OTC meds that I have found that works is Excedrin. It is a combo of Aspirin, Tylenol and Caffeine and that happens to be an excellent combo for migraines.
5. I mentioned caffeine before...well, drink coffee, Mt Dew, take Vivirin...sometimes a mega dose of caffeine will stop it in its tracks.
6. If you get nauseous or dizzy get some Meclizine from the pharmacy (the stuff behind the counter) you can take 25mg three times a day as needed. Yes it works on both.