Migraines and Headaches Community

heaackes associated with quitting smoking

this is my 4th attempt at quitting smoking and every time i make it to 3 weeks i start to get frequent headackes and this time i am starting to feal asthmatic when excersind 2days aweek @1hr each. the heackes before subside to a large degree when i picked back up the habbit. tylonal and ibprophine are not touching it, what else can i do. i dont want a cigarette, the smell makes me sick..?
How are you? I commend you for your attempt in quitting. Symptoms of nicotine withdrawal generally start within 2 - 3 hours after the last tobacco use, and will peak about 2 - 3 days later. Symptoms may include an intense craving for nicotine; anxiety, tension, restlessness, frustration, or impatience; difficulty concentrating; drowsiness or trouble sleeping, irritability or depression and headaches.  There are several strategies for treating nicotine withdrawal. Nicotine supplements which come in different forms : gum, inhalers, nasal spray and skin patch. There are also prescription medications available  that may help you quit smoking and keep you from starting again.  Talk to your doctor about this for proper management. Nicotine withdrawal is short-lived and symptoms pass in time. Hang on and think positive. Take care always.