Aa
A
A
A
Close
Migraines and Headaches Community
6.76k Members

how much is too much

Hi everyone,  im a severe migraine sufferer for 25 yrs with neck and back pain, and over the last 5 yrs they have truly intensified., ive had mri & eegs,done over the last few yrs, i see a neuro. who for the past 10 yrs or so, has prescribed my butorphanol 2 bottles a wk, demerol 2x daily, ativan 2mg 2x daily, oxycodone 325 for my neck/back pain 2x daily when needed & finally 7.5 mg of zopiclone to fall asleep as my body cant do it on its own.  I've never got a "high" from any of these meds, if any thing, some nausea or i get abit tired. This reaction has been this way for about 5 or so yrs, im sure my body is needing these meds, but i dont think my mind does in the sense of abuser, as ive never used it to try to get a "high", my neuro has over the 25 yrs tried me on beta blockers, seizure meds, & honestly alot of stuff until these meds helped to take the pain away, Imitrex and alot of others made me horribly ill & other side effects.  So im just curious if anyone else out there gets similar meds, in these doses.  hoping all have a good day.
1 Responses
547368 tn?1440545385
Hi and Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum.

I do not take the medications you have listed but I have seen similar lists by other members. I am not very familiar with Butorphanol but know it is a potent opiate... as is Demerol.  You say you obtain Two bottles a week. I have no idea how many are in a bottle so I cannot provide you with an opinion if this seems to be excessive quantities or not.... nor did you provide the dosages of the Demerol or Butorphanol.

Certainly we need no convincing that you don't get high or abuse your meds. We're PM patients and know the questions, suspicions and raised eyebrows that come when you mention you are on opiates for pain control.

I am blessed that I don't suffer from migraines on a regular basis. This may also play a part in the medications you are being prescribed. You may want to post on our Migraine/Headache Forum also. They may have more information and suggestions. Please know that you are always welcome here.

I hope our members will have additional comments for you.  You may also want to clarify some of your information. Thank you for taking the time to post and I will look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Trinity , TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease