Migraines and Headaches Community

scalp tenderness on the back left side of my head

I get migraines.  I get the weird symptoms the 2% of the population get.  I have vestibular migraines and regular old knock you down and commit me to a cold dark place migraines.  When I am stressed the vestibular or inner ear migraines take over.  What this consists of is basically dizziness, nasuea, fullness in my ear, and sometimes when I am real lucky - I get sharp pains in my ear.  When I get my regular head splitting migraines I have a spot on the back of my head on the left side that contracts - just gets real tight.  It just feels like I am having a muscle spasm in one concentrated area.  Well, I have been super stressed and I have been getting the vestibular migraines (also on left side) - I am wondering if my scalp is reacting to them now instead of the horrible I want to die migraines I usually get. The tightness makes it hard to concentrate (well all of it does really).  Just think it is odd that my scalp would be contracting with an inner ear migraine and not the inner head migraine.

I just hurt today - I am just looking for some answers.....if anyone has em.

Thanks for writing in.
The scalp muscles could be contracted due to tension and excessive stress. I would suggest you to if possible get a scalp massage done to relieve the pain, ice packs will also help.
Are you taking treatment for your migraines? Magnesium supplements have shown good preventive action against migraines. Please discuss with your doctor about their use.
Also do some self relaxation exercises like breathing exercises and meditation. Take care!