Military Health Issues Community
206 Members

Where are medical records from Fitzsimons Army Hospital?

I was sent to Fitzsimons Army Hospital in November 1994 to have left ankle reconstruction.  I am trying to find those records and since the hospital closed in 1999, I am not sure where to find them.  I believe my surgery was on 9 November 1994.  Can you help me find copies of these records?

Thanks......Bob

Robert R. Hancock
MSG (Ret) USA
29386 Round House Ave.
Lincoln, MO 65338-2839
816-830-1022
2 Responses
675718 tn?1449992146
what I did is got a hold of some appiotments I had in the service with the mental health clinic at the AFB normally they send records to Washington dc if you don't have copies its hard to prove anything :)
144586 tn?1284669764
They have a seven year retention mandate. That being said, there is a possibility the records were transferred to Washington for storage. The bad news is that, even for those records so stored, they were not indexed, and retrieval is very labor intensive. You have to file a Freedom of Information Act request with the military and in that request (1) ask for the records (2) If the records are not available, where they might be stores and to provide you with a point of contact to retrieve them. The military is extremely slow in answering these requests. A made one such request, which they lost. A second request was also "lost". It took three years to get a reply.
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
675718 tn?1449992146
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Military Health Issues Community
206 Members
185 Questions
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?