heavy bleeding after having Mirena IUD for 4 years

I have had the Mirena IUD for 4 years, normally my period is  very light and only requires a liner but currently its really really heavy, do you think its still working correctly??  
Hi sorry you are having this problem. I would definitely call your doctor. I have a friend who went over her 5 years and the doctor told her yes it is still working. They just recommend every 5 years.  Sorry I couldn't help anymore then that.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Mirena IUD Side Effects Support Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.