Miscarriages Community

Anovulatory bleeding after M/C

Hi Ladies,

Here's a quick rundown of things.

Missed M/C on April 11, 2011 (11w2d, carried for 15w2d)
D&C on April 12, 2011
**That was a Tusday and was done bleeding by Saturday

Last Monday I had some bleeding for 3 days (this was the first bleeding or spotting of any type since the D&C). It was light and a dark brown color. I thought that it was my period. However, yesterday I had some more bleeding. This time it was red in color and again light in flow and only lasted for a couple of hours.

Had my levels tested 3 weeks ago and HcG was at a 28. Last week it was at an 11. Going in tomorrow for another retest.

I called my OB about the bleeding and she told me it was most likely not a true period but an Anovulatory Period. Basically uterine bleeding with no ovulation. She also said that anovulatory bleeding can be very sporadic and vary in flow and color.

Anyone else have experiences with this? I'm just worrying that the D&C somehow messed me up for good. I am 6 weeks post surgery. I want to start TTC again, but can't really do so if I'm not ovulating. My OB said it's normal, but I just don't know anything anymore. Going to wait and see where my levels are at tomorrow and then talk with her some more about when my "real" period should come.

Thanks for any and all input.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.