Miscarriages Community

How Long Did Your Bleeding Last?

I know everyone is different and that things can happen differently but I'm a very curious person and let's face it--- polls are fun. So my question is, if you've had a natural miscarriage, how long did your bleeding last? Please check "Had a D&C" if you didn't have a natural miscarriage.
Hey Joy, just wanted to let you know that I was onlt 5w3d when I had my m/c which i started bleeding on 11.16.08 and then 11.17.08 it started a little heavier and then by 11.19.08 it was heavier like a period and then on 11.22.08 it stopped and returned for a little more spotting. and then again it stopped on 11.23.08/.. hope this helps....
My m/c was very painful but luckily the bleeding lasted for 5 days and did not affect my next cycle. I'm grateful for not having to have a d and c or any complications ttc. I know alot of women who had long term affects from theirs. How are you doing? Best of luck to you.....
ArmyPrincess, I'm doing okay. My bleeding stopped yesterday, so it was a total of a week. Hopefully this doesn't affect my next cycle or I may cry.
I also had a painful miscarraige. It started on 9/15 and they tried to let it happen naturally...it didn't. I ended up having a d&c almost two weeks later...bled for about a week and a half and spotted for about thre days after that....Sorry for all of your losses!
With both of mine I was only about 4 wks and no D&C needed but they were both vert diff. the 1st I bleed for 12 days before I found out I was even preg. then after I bleed from 10/26/07-12/31/08. With the 2nd I only bleed 5 days.
I m/c at 8 weeks and the bleeding only lasted about 5 days.  It still seemed like an enternity to me.  But compared to some ladies, I feel I was very lucky to have a smooth, and relativly painless m/c.  After the m/c, my cycle went right back on track.  This is our third month of TTC afte the m/c.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.