Miscarriages Community

d & c period

I had a miscarriage at about 10.5 weeks. I just had my d & c. I had no bleeding after the d &c  or cramps for about 4 days. Now four days later i started to bleed like a period. Could this be my period already or is this still part of the d & c recovery.

Gina
Gina,
My guess would be that it is part of the d&c.  Usually after the d&c you can count that day as day 1 of your cycle so it is pretty unlikely you would get your regular period 4 days later.  I had a d&c in Feb and I spotted on and off for about 2 weeks.  Mine was mostly dark red or brown, which means old blood.  I also had a clot in my uterus after the procedure so I would stop spotting for a few days and then I would start again, etc.  It was very annoying.  It could be possible that you have a clot too, that is just now releasing.  I would say that it is normal and that as long as it's not REALLY heavy flow or accompanied with pain then you should be just fine.  It took me 6 weeks for my first "period" to come back after the d&c.  I am sorry for your loss.  Good luck and feel free to talk to me any time.  I have been there, done that....
Thanks so much for the advice. Just what constitues a "heavy flow"

I would say when you have to change multiple pads within like an hour.  
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.