Miscarriages Community

how soon after d&c I can expect my period

I have had miscarriage 5 weeks ago and had d&c 3 weeks ago. How soon I can expect to get my period back. My doctor told me to wait one more week and if I still do not have a period, he will prescribe some medicine to me. I have read it may take a while. My question is if you had similar situation, how long you had to wait and did you get it naturally or you needed pills to help start period again. I am very anxious, I have gone through INV which seemed like took ages to get pregnant, and now I can hardly wait to try again - the whole cycle took over 2 months in first place, and now waiting for 2 periods before we can start again - the waiting is the worst part of it....
I had a natural miscarriage and think it was about 4 weeks from when the bleeding stopped. But I had bled for 5 weeks on and off so that's about 9 weeks from the start of the whole business. It's a drag I know.

Take care and good luck for next time.
The waiting is totally the toughest part.  It is horrible.  I had two d&c's and each time my period started three and four weeks afterward.  However, it can take up to six weeks for it to return, I am told by my doctor.
Yes, the waiting is the worst part of it, and since I went through INV, I felt like I was already pregnant for 8 weeks before I actually got pregnant, with all the waiting, doctor's visits, thinking about pregnancy etc.
estimated wait for a cycle after a mc is 4 weeks to 7 weeks after (internet based searching) I am wondering the samething cause I had a natural MC nearly 4 weeks ago so I am hoping she will come this friday!!!! =) or sometime next week

I stopped bleeding the 28th of october. 5 days after I started.
so if that is the case I may start this week or next week but if i count the first friday after that would place me at almost 4 weeks after so i am really clueless

AND YES!!! the waiting is a killer!!!! >.<
waiting is surely the worst part. i have been thr u a similar kind of situation i had a missed abortion in aug and went thru D&C in aug itself.. then i got my periods after 31 days of my D&C.
so i would suggest u to wait for a little more time before taking any medicines.
I am so sorry for everyone's losses. I to am going through the same thing. I have been bleeding for 4 weeks post d&c and it  started heavier today with small clots.
Can it be a period? Could you go from d&c bleeding to period bleeding? Anyones thoughts would be helpful.

Good luck to everyone
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.