Miscarriages Community

period after a miscarriage

my question is that how long would be a period last after a first miscarriage . will it last 3 days or more. will it be same as a normal period or heavy period.will i have any abdominal pain.
I had my miscarriage on December 22 and my D&C on the 23rd.  My period came about 5 weeks later and was heavier than normal.  Mine lasted longer than my usual period too.  To give you an idea of the heaviness...I usually wear a regular tampon throughout the first 3 days of my period then a light tampon for a couple days after.  My last period which was my first on since the miscarriage was different....regular tampon the first day then a super tampon for the next 3 days.  I had to change it every 3 hours.  It was super heavy.  Then it lightened up after those three days were over.  Everyone is different so I am simply telling you what happened to me.  My doctor told me to expect a heavier period for the first one.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.