Multiple Sclerosis Community

And now for something completely different!

Ok, so it's not really. It's the "same old, same old" just in a new place.

Twitching in the face...no, not the eye like I've seen others talk about, and no not the nose (which is my second newest, yay) but this time it was that area between the bottom lip and the chin. I don't think it was visible from the outside (although I never looked), but there it was, none the less.

ARG!! I've finally totally adjusted to them in my legs and the few times a week they hit my fingers, but the face??? BLAH!!

Anyone have any miracle suggestions to help with this? I feel like little critters are writhing under my skin for a good portion of most days!!

Christine
(un-dx)
I DON'T HAVE A MIRACLE CURE FOR THE TWITCHES, I USED TO GET THEM BAD IN MY TORSAL AND LEGS.

I'M ON VALIUM AND THAT SEEMS TO HELP REDUCE THEM.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO CONTACT YOUR PRIMARY DR AND TALK WITH THEM.

T-LYNN
  I feel for you, I get spasms in my jaw and around my eyes and the only thing that helps is taking flexeril and xanax together. Definately call your pcp about it.

Wishing you well

Ada
My doc told me that when I get tired, I will get more of those twitches. I have gotten them in my lip, and I could see it in the mirror. BEWARE! I have to say it is the most annoying in the eye. What do you think? Anyway, the only suggestion I have is get some sleep. If you are like me, that is easier said than done. Hey, it could be worse. It isn't painful, is it?
Oh Princess, that's so true, it definately could be worse! Sometimes I feel guilty complaining about my little issues when so many have so much more to handle!
I think the twitches (I think they are actually fasciculations) that bother me the MOST are the ones that get me in 1 bum cheek...and the nose. I feel rediculous when 1 bum cheek is bouncing around on it's own, and I feel like I'm 1/2 bunny when the left side of my nose is twitching, even though I don't think that one's visible from the outside!

I'll make a point of mentioning it to my PCP the next time I'm in to see her, but since I am not diagnosed with anything, no one's willing to give me meds of any sort, except Neurontin. So, for the most part, I just have to put up with it, that's why I thought I would see if anyone had any magic home remedies!!

Christine
As an old timer MSer, I can totally relate to those weird feelings around the face and lips.  Something else popped into my head when you talked about the tingling and weird sensations around the lips.

These are the feelings I get when my lip is about to break out with a fever blister.  Herpes Simplex 1.  Very, very common in many people.  Have you ever had an outbreak on your lip of a fever blister?  The tingling and wanting to scratch is my frist symptom that is coming on.  I get out my presciption ointment of Zovirax and treat the area several times a day.  Sometime I can stop the outbreak in it's tracks, other times the fever lister wins.

As a person with MS, the simple fever blister break-out is enough to put me into an MS Flair-up, so I have to be very dligient about treating it, as soon as my lips get "thet weird feeling."  All of this was just a thought.  But yes, I have heard about this in the absence of a fever blister.

I know of no magic cure.  It's one of those weird symptoms we have that we later learn to just laugh at...

Have a GREAT DAY!
Heather  
No, I've never had a fever blister (it's the same as a cold sore, isn't it?). Ah well, what can ya do except laugh at yourself, sure beats crying :)

You have a great day too!!!
Christine