Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chronic degenerative disc disease and Multiple Sclerosis

I was diagnosed with ddd at 16yrs old, 25 yrs ago lower back and c567 in my neck, I've now been diagnosed with MS.I have lesions on my spinal cord and brain. I am reading about people experiencing a lot of back, neck pain and headaches. I've had these for 25yrs how much worse will my pain get??
1 Responses
987762 tn?1331027953
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome,

Honestly no one can answer that question truthfully, chronic pain is often subjective because no 2 peoples situation is ever exactly the same, some people develop really very high pain tolerance and others don't, some people find the right combination of medication that works for them and some people never do....

I know of a few MSers who decided to go to a pain clinic and have been able to significantly reduced their daily pain level that they'd never been able to get before, their unique medical situation(s) were fully evaluated, drug incompatibilities with MS treatments included etc etc until the right combination was worked out for them.

The right combination of medications doesn't always come about straight away and like anything, it's often trial and error but your probably jumping ahead to far and into unknown territory, there's no way of knowing if the pain you've been dealing with for years is actually going to get worse or actually improve for some reason, my advice would be to stay in the now and deal with this if that day ever comes...

Hope that helps......JJ
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Multiple Sclerosis Community

Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331027953
Australia
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease