Chronic degenerative disc disease and Multiple Sclerosis

I was diagnosed with ddd at 16yrs old, 25 yrs ago lower back and c567 in my neck, I've now been diagnosed with MS.I have lesions on my spinal cord and brain. I am reading about people experiencing a lot of back, neck pain and headaches. I've had these for 25yrs how much worse will my pain get??
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome,

Honestly no one can answer that question truthfully, chronic pain is often subjective because no 2 peoples situation is ever exactly the same, some people develop really very high pain tolerance and others don't, some people find the right combination of medication that works for them and some people never do....

I know of a few MSers who decided to go to a pain clinic and have been able to significantly reduced their daily pain level that they'd never been able to get before, their unique medical situation(s) were fully evaluated, drug incompatibilities with MS treatments included etc etc until the right combination was worked out for them.

The right combination of medications doesn't always come about straight away and like anything, it's often trial and error but your probably jumping ahead to far and into unknown territory, there's no way of knowing if the pain you've been dealing with for years is actually going to get worse or actually improve for some reason, my advice would be to stay in the now and deal with this if that day ever comes...

Hope that helps......JJ

You are reading content posted in the Multiple Sclerosis Community