Multiple Sclerosis Community

Crawling hot cold symptoms in legs

I have been having the weirdest sensation in my knee to thigh area. It start in a small area then spreads with a crawling sensation of real cold and hot feeling. Woke up this morning with my left thigh to knee area feeling really weird. Can anybody tell me what this is?
I wish I could help, but I haven't had any experience with that (yet...)  So far, I've had those symptoms, but only separately.  Never together.

Sounds like a parasthesia though.  

I hope it get resolved for you soon though.
Tammy
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome,

Your question has found it's way to the MS community and I personally don't think MS would be the obvious answer, because there are other more common causes. I did a quick google and whilst MS came up first (it usually does), it didn't seem to be specific enough to really pin down, things like RLS, vascular issues, peripheral neuropathy and even mental health came up. So you might not get any closer to the 'right' answer off the net, and you'll really need to speak to your doctor about it.

Cheers............JJ
Hi there:

Do you have a MS diagnosis?

In response to your question,  second Maxthecat's statement that this sounds like a parasthesia.

I am currently in a flare and what you described sounds similar to what is going on with my right leg.