Aa
A
A
A
Close
Multiple Sclerosis Community
9.21k Members

Diagnosis, symptoms

As a child in school we had frequent test run and I was always told that I had protein in my urine and my parents were told to not worry about it. I never felt well and as an adult I have had many illnesses. I have developed several severe allergies my worst being to milk. I have severe muscle cramping which started in my feet and legs and has progressed to my arms and fingers. I have several places which twitch, eyes, cheeks, nose. Over the past two years I have had a decline in my sense of taste and smell. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. I also have degenerative disc disease in my spine, have had lung surgery, and a stroke at 35. Could this in any way be a misdiagnoses? Upon reading everything about Mitochondria Disease I would like to be tested for it but don't know where I should go for the testing and a reliable doctor. I live in N. Ky and am willing to travel for any help in diagnosing what I have. Thanks for any help.
1 Responses
572651 tn?1530999357
Hi Violetrose,

You may not realize that you have posted your question i nthe Multiple Sclerosis forum, which is a disease of the central nervous system.  Funny you bring this up because I have recently viewed a youtube clip of a doctor who says she was dxd with MS but by treating mitochonria she is cured.  I'm not so sure about that as it is far more complicated than what I understand, but I can give you the address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc&feature=youtu.be

I would think you would want to go to a teaching university such as UC or UK .  Try calling them and also ask around your community. If you have more questions, please feel free to come back and we'll try to help.

be well, Lulu
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331027953
Australia
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease