Multiple Sclerosis Community

Diagnosis, symptoms

As a child in school we had frequent test run and I was always told that I had protein in my urine and my parents were told to not worry about it. I never felt well and as an adult I have had many illnesses. I have developed several severe allergies my worst being to milk. I have severe muscle cramping which started in my feet and legs and has progressed to my arms and fingers. I have several places which twitch, eyes, cheeks, nose. Over the past two years I have had a decline in my sense of taste and smell. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. I also have degenerative disc disease in my spine, have had lung surgery, and a stroke at 35. Could this in any way be a misdiagnoses? Upon reading everything about Mitochondria Disease I would like to be tested for it but don't know where I should go for the testing and a reliable doctor. I live in N. Ky and am willing to travel for any help in diagnosing what I have. Thanks for any help.
Hi Violetrose,

You may not realize that you have posted your question i nthe Multiple Sclerosis forum, which is a disease of the central nervous system.  Funny you bring this up because I have recently viewed a youtube clip of a doctor who says she was dxd with MS but by treating mitochonria she is cured.  I'm not so sure about that as it is far more complicated than what I understand, but I can give you the address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc&feature=youtu.be

I would think you would want to go to a teaching university such as UC or UK .  Try calling them and also ask around your community. If you have more questions, please feel free to come back and we'll try to help.

be well, Lulu