Multiple Sclerosis Community

Health insurance vs. No health insurance

I was interested in seeing how many of us have health insurance vs no health insurance.

Thanks,
Kerri
Are you including government health insurance, such as medicaid and medicare in your list?  

There are so many different types of insurance as well.  Policy coverage can range from excellent to minimal.  The out-of-pocket expenses might be an intersting poll for you to put together as well.  

This is a great question.
Another biggie is prescription coverage, which is separate (usually) from health insurance. This can vary wildly too.

ess
I answered, though I'm not sure if you intended to focus on U.S. members only.  For Canadians, it's a given as we all have health insurance as per the Canada Health Act.  Supplemental insurance for most prescription meds, eye care, dental care is another matter and covered by supplemental health plans.  I have that too.

Other interesting questions would include how much do each of us pay for premiums, how much are our co-pays.

I'm curious about how much $$$ is spent in total one year on my health care including physician visits, radiology, ER visits, etc.  I've looked into it but can't seem to find this info as those government funded costs are hidden to me.
Health Insurance
I'm Canadian so I am covered for basic medical expenses by the govt health plan. I also have extended coverage through my employer which covers prescriptions, etc, for a $25 annual deductable.

We also have 'fair pharmacare' in Canada, which will help pay for some drugs depending on the cost of your drugs and your income.

Mike
Thanks everyone.  I forgot about other countries.  I will reword and repost.
I think what I am interested in comparing is the out of pocket costs, whatever they Amy include.

I'll repost.
I have health insurance I pay for myself.

Cost for me & hubby is over $15,000 per year;  plus, we have $12,000 deductible.  Once that is paid, my $3,000 monthly Rebif bill is paid in full (it's injected, so is covered as part of Major Med, not Rx).

We got this while young & healthy -- BEFORE my MS -- we're both self-employed, so pay all of it ourselves.

Needless to say, we are NOT wealthy people-- nearing retirement age, and the costs are killing us.  Our hopes were high for the new federal Health Insurance act, but now that's starting to look like a target for elimination...

We live in Florida.
I only have medicare AB and D......its been great NOT fun with my kidney stone ER visits.....not to mention my neuro
I have insurance but have an individual out of pocket of 4000.00 with 2500 deductible.  Luckily my avonex only cost me 10.00 a month due to the fact the I qualify for patient assistance based on my income.
I'm a Medicaid queen.  There is a 5.00 copay at doctors/specialists office visits and sometimes, depending on what brand of medication Im getting I have to pay at least 5.00 to 8.00 (like provigil).

I have Medicaid.  This covers   3 perscriptions a month and MRI's,  Spinal Tap, blood work, basically all the things I NEED.  So mine is pretty good.  Just Traditional Medicaid.

Kelli
I am very grateful to have Medicare and then Medicaid as a secondary.  It works very well for me.  

Red