Multiple Sclerosis Community

Help with next step

Can someone please explain this to me?  All the neuro's office would tell me was that my results are "fairly normal"  I have been dealing with autoimmune issues, so naturally MS in on my mind.  I am looking for a doctor (neuro and/or rheum) to possibly get a second opinion, but not sure what my next step should be.

Findings:  minimal punctate FLAIR hyperintensity in the corona radiata, left pareital and right frontal subcortical regions, are nonspecific and likely of no clinical consequence.  Indication of papilledema

symptoms: perip. neuropathy, joint pain, drooping/swelling right eye, cognitive issues
over a year ago--had sinus surgery & stints due to staph infection in sinuses, resulting in two more jaw surgeries from bone infection

I have had to be seriously proactive (7 drs to get the orig diagnosis to remove staph).  I am just tired of drs and feel like they are too eager to give me meds.
Hi I know the diagnosis process is frustrating. MS is Central Nervous System so joint pain and swelling would not be MS. Peripheral neuropathy is not usually MS. I would see what the Neurologist says first. The office staff really can't tell you anything it is not Ethical. There are alot of terms in the MRI I am not used to. Usually they would say something about demlyelating disease. I am no doctor but it is not screaming MS to me. I am not sure where you go from here. Neurologists specialize so if you want to rule it out you might want to go to a MS Specialist.

It is weird but the way neurologists diagnose
MS is you don't have it until they decide you do. They go by something called the MCDonald Criteria. I think you have to have 2-3 lesions on a MRI. MS lesions look a certain way and are located in certain areas like the ventricals. You have to have to separate attacks in two parts of the Central Nervous system at two different times. There are many MS mimics with the same symptoms. No test rules MS in or out. They may do a MRI, a Lumbar Puncture, Nerve studies and lots of blood work to rule out other conditions.

Most neurologists follow a possible MS case over time. Say every six months. My first MRI showed MS as did all my other tests, and all my other blood work was negative but it took two years for a diagnosis.

Alex