Multiple Sclerosis Community

Hi everyone, I'm back

Wow, It's been quite a while since I've been on the site. A lot has happened since I've been on here. 2 years ago, I had to move in with my Mom, so I could take care of her during her last 4 months of life. We were like the blind leading the blind. hahaha. She had Emphysema & Lung Cancer, so it was a very difficult life for her. She passed away in the Hospice Facility. We were at the Hospice House for a month & I was so blessed to have many laughs with her, even during her dying days. Not many can say that.

In 2012, (I think) I had a bladder sling. In 2014, I had a 5 hour surgery to repair & reconstruct the urinary tract where the sling penetrated through. That was a very tough recovery & I'm glad that is behind me.

Urinary problems have been a major problem in my MS journey. I'd been seeing a Uro/Gyn at the UAMS in Little Rock. She is the one who did my repair & reconstruction surgery. Due to the massive amounts of UTI's with no explanation (because I don't retain urine), she referred me to the Head Urologist of UAMS. In my first visit with him, he met me in the hallway after my cystoscope & mentioned that my bladder just doesn't work correctly & said something about removing my bladder. In my follow up visit, he mentioned Botox injections.  Have any of you had those? What was your opinion? I had decided not to get them due to infection possibility, but the Female Uro/Gyn said she would recommend it because of the benefits. I am still trying to decide. My husband doesn't want me to have my bladder removed, so I'm so torn. I feel so isolated & unsupported. It's not that I want to have the removal, I just want some moral support & understanding. I guess I've had so many bladder issues that I'm having a pity party.

I went to the MS specialist the other day. I actually see the Nurse Practicioner. I really like her & feel like she is very knowledgeable about MS. She is very understanding &  supportive of my illness.

Anyway, I will attempt to be around more. We are in the process of finishing building a shop 30 minutes from here. We will move into it & build a new house. We will have to sell the one we currently live in. Needless to say, that is going to take up much of my time (packing) I've already packed a lot & we've moved those boxes over to the new shop. I have much more to do. Hubby has had his own health issues since June. He broke his right leg in 2 places after falling off the ladder, while working on the shop. Then, in November, he had to have back surgery for his spinal stenosis. He still has a lot of pain in his back & hip, so I'm trying to help him as much as possible.  

I hope you all have a blessed day
Wow...quite a journey and you seem with good spirits. Regarding feeling isolated and unsupported .....you certainly won't have that issue here as I'm sure you already know.

I don't know you personally, but you have my unwavering support. Day by day! Hugs
Laura (LuLu54) had great results from bladder botox. She's not regularly participating in the forum right now, but the past discussions are searchable.

http://www.medhelp.org/search/expanded?cat=posts&query=bladder+botox
COMMUNITY LEADER
WEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEE........seeing your atar come up made my day babe, reading your update was oh, ohh, ohhhh....hugs babe big hugs!

I remember what you went through with your bladder, personally not gone down the botox route myself but i know there are a few oldies from here that definitely have and highly recommend giving it a try, i really hope they are still reading if not posting and let you know from first hand experience.

Hugs to you and yours.......JJ
Thank you, for your replies and support. I will go to LuLu's past discussions and read them. I would sure love to know what others have experienced with the botox. supermum, thank you, for remembering my past bladder issues. Thank you, for your excitement to see my return. It's very encouraging!!!!!
I hope you guys have a blessed day
First off you have to take care of yourself. If you can't take care of you you can't take care of hubby. Second I am sure the surgeon has good reason to say you need to have your bladder removed. They almost had to take mine when I had my hysterectomy. They were going to use the Uterus to make a new bladder. I am not sure what yours entails. Your husband sounds like he is in pain. I would try the botox myself it is less radical than surgery.

You are not alone. I am sure losing your mother was very hard. I have been on both sides of the hospital bed. I think it is sometimes harder to be the caretaker.  Welcome back.

Alex