Multiple Sclerosis Community

MS and Fibromylagia

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last March.  Since then and after trying few different prescription(Neurontin, Cymbalta) I decided I didn't like the way they made me feel and started researching what nutritional supplements could help.  I resorted to taking supplements and saw my energy level and some symptoms improve.  About 4-6 weeks, I have tingling (pin & needles) in my feet going up my legs and hands.  My rheumatologists suggested I see a neurologist, to rule out MS.

Has anyone else with MS been diagnosed with fibromyalgia first?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome,

In short yes, people have been previously dx-ed with other conditions before being dx with MS eg fibromyaligia etc. Though "I have tingling (pin & needles) in my feet going up my legs and hands. " would not actually be typical for MS because of it being 'all' peripheral's and MS would more typically present unilateral sx's. I would be looking into the side effects, of the medication you are or were taking, especially if there is a similar time frame.

Cheers...........JJ  
Gloria,

One of my first diagnoses was Fibromyalgia, which turned out to actually be MS. But like JJ said MS usually presents at first on one side of the body, as it did in my case. I think I would suspect one or more of the supplements you are taking is the cause of the symptoms you are describing.

Dennis
Could it be just one more symptom of fibromyalgia?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sorry, I don't know but it might be helpful if you post your question, in the Fibromyalgia community.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fibromyalgia/show/44

Cheers.......JJ