Multiple Sclerosis Community

MS and quick weight loss?

Two weeks ago, I weighed 135. I've weighed that for most of my not pregnant adult life...but all of a sudden I now weigh 130. It fell within two weeks. I've started so many new drugs and am new to MS...so I'm not sure what could have done it. It certainly was NOT diet as I had a very hearty Christmas. :) I'm on Copaxone, Celexa, Nuvigil, and just finished up a round on 1000mg of Medrol for an exacerbation. I started both the Copaxone and Nuvigil three weeks ago. Could these be causing the weight loss? Could it simply be because, now that I'm on Nuvigil, I'm awake again?
lol...now i'm not complaining...I love that I'm 130 now and, heck, I wouldn't mind dropping another 5, but it just happened so quickly that it just seems like something isn't right.
Wow! Most folks gain some weight with the IV solumedrol.  Its a mixed bag with the rest of the drugs.

Five pounds could come from water weight loss  but I would keep an eye on that scale.  If more drops off too fast, you need to contact your doctor.

be well,
Lulu
Hi there.
   I just read your post and it sounds so familiar to me!
My weight was staying between 136 and up to 140!  Which for
me, was really climbing up there!
   Now, Like you, I have lost weight. I am down to around 124 - 126.

The only thing that I can think of is that I have noticed my appetite
not being as big AND, I am not eating out of boredom (sp?) anymore.
Or eating just to be eating.
    I like that my pants are baggy on me now instead of fitting snuggly.
Take Care,
~Tonya