A
A
Close
Multiple Sclerosis Community
9.17k Members
587021 tn?1302220907

My symptoms

Hi All~
I wanted to see if anyone else has symptoms similar to mine and see if they have gotten any diagnosis other than Fibromyalgia.
All over pain ~ some days worse than others ~ from fingers to toes ~ everywhere..
Extreme dry eyes ~ had test at eye doctor and he said it was severe.
Extreme dry mouth.
EXTREME anxiety. I can make myself have a panic attack and faint pretty much on cue.
Numbness and tingling in hands ~ especially at night.
On and off heat sensations in left thigh area.
Urinary and menstrual problems.
I am 41 and the pain started in my hands around age 35 and gets progressively worse each year.
Does anyone else feel this way?
~ thank you!
4 Responses
562511 tn?1285907760
Hello and Welcome

I have Fibro and MS. My biggest complaint is pain and fatigue.  The pain is more Fibro than MS-like.
1.  Pain all over - Yes.
2. Extreme dry eyes and mouth - No.  Did your eye doctor give you any insight as to the cause of your dry eyes?  Have you been tested for Sjogrens?
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Multiple-Sclerosis/OT--Sjogrens-syndrome-testing/show/1248843

Have you had your thyroid levels checked?  And screened for arthritis/osteoarthritis?  This was part of my work up for Fibro along with LOT's of other tests including hormones.  

Are you under the care of a rheumatologists?  In my opinion, only a rheumy has the expertise to make a diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
587021 tn?1302220907
Hi!
My eye doctor said it is definitely sjogren's and that even though my bloodtest didn't show anything, he said my eyes were so dry that he can confirm. My rheumy is so uninterested that he just shrugged. Which is why I am switching doctors. My thyroid was fine and all neg for arthritis. I know It's fibromyalgia, but am just wondering if there is something I am missing. I can barely work anymore and don't have the energy most days to see friends, etc.
Hellodian did you get any better? What is your treatment plan entail. I think I have sjorens and so does my eye doctor I feel like the doctors try to say nerves
1831849 tn?1383231992
Hi CL- Welcome to our group.

THis is an old thread and many of the original posters no longer visit. Hellodian hasn't been here in nearly 4 years.

WHy not "Post a Question" via the link up top. You can introduce yourself and tell us a little about what's going on with you. We're a friendly bunch :-)

Kyle
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease