NOW I'M STRESSING

THIS IS A LONG STORY, SO I'M GOING TO CUT TO THE CHASE OF IT. THIS IS 3YRS TWO SURGERIES LATER. I'M GUESSING THE  WERE NOT NEED AT THIS POINT, THEY DID NOT HELP. SO LAST MONTH, COMING HOME FROM MY PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR, FOR MY KNEE DUE TO A CAR ACCIDENT, MY HANDS START TO SHAKE. WITHIN HALF HOUR THEY GO INTO FULL TREMOR SHAKING. OF COURSE MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS PARKINSON. SO I CALLED MY GP. THAT DID NOT GO WELL AT ALL. I HAVE P.T.S.D. DUE TO EXTREME CHILD ABUSE, I'VE HAD IT SINCE I WAS 10YRS OLD. THAT'S OVER 30YRS NOW. I'VE BEEN IN THERAPY FOR 2YRS NOW AND 'EM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF IT. WE ARE JUST WORKING ON WHAT MY TRIGGERS ARE AND TO FIND HEALTHY WAYS TO HANDLE THE SYMPTOMS. SO THE NP WHO I SAW TRIED TO BLAME IT ON THAT, AND USED THE WORD CRAZY. SHE SAID THEY WOULD MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME WITH NEUROLOGIST JUST TO CALM ME DOWN. I LEFT CALMED DOWN, WENT BACK IN AND SPOKE WITH THE OFFICE MANAGER ABOUT HER ATTITUDE,  WHAT WAS SAID TO ME AND LET HER KNOW THAT MY P.T.S.D. DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY I'VE HAD IT FOR 30YRS AND NEVER HAS ANY PART OF MY BODY SHOOK WITH TREMORS BEFORE...... SO TWO WEEKS LATER I HAD TO GO FOR AN MRI LOOKING FOR A PINCHED NERVE. IT WAS NON CONTRAST. THEY SENT MY NEUROLOGIST THE REPORT AND GAVE ME THE IMAGES. NOW YOU KNOW I HAD TO LOOK. MY BRAIN MRI SHOWED BLACK SPOTS ON EVERY IMAGE, ANY WHERE FROM 4 ALL THE WAY UP TO 15 PER IMAGE. SO I GOGGLED IT, BLACK SPOTS ON BRAIN MRI. ANY ONE WANT TO GUESS WHAT I FOUND? THERE ARE A FEW CAUSES. NONE MAKE ME HAPPY. OUT OF EVERYTHING I READ THEY COULD BE I'M HOPING FOR MS! I'M PRETTY SURE I DON'T HAVE A TUMOR. AT LEAST I'M HOPING I WOULD GET A PHONE CALL TO COME IN ASAP. I'VE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT MY SYMPTOMS FOR 3YRS NOW. I'M SO TIRED AND IN SO MUCH PAIN. WHEN I READ UP ON MS, I STOPPED AND THOUGHT ABOUT IT. I STARTED HAVING SYMPTOMS ABOUT 5YRS AGO, BUT I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS WORKING SO MUCH. I WAS A SERVER, I STARTED FALLING A LOT. HEADACHES, CHEST PAINS, NUMBNESS IN DIFFERENT PART OF MY BODY, PINS AND NEEDLES, MUSCLE CRAMPS, FATIGUE BUT AFTER 20YRS I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS NORMAL. I HAVE 6 DAYS LEFT BEFORE I HAVE APPOINTMENT, NOW I'M STRESSING. I'VE BEEN MAKING JOKES AND KEEPING IT LIGHT, I'VE GOTTEN WORST, IT USE TO GO AWAY. IT'S NOT GOING AWAY ANY MORE. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF I'M MAKING IT WORST. THAT'S NOT TRUE THOUGH. I WAKE UP PLAN ON SEWING, I GET ALL EXCITED ON WHAT I'M GOING TO MAKE, THEN IT'S LIKE SOME ONE JUST DRAINED ALL MY ENERGY. I HAVE TO GO TAKE A NAP, I DON'T WAKE UP REFRESHED, JUST IN TWITCHY PAIN. MY HAND TREMORS HAVE STOPPED, WELL THEY ARE WEAK AND JUST SHAKE A LITTLE. MY LEFT EYE IS EITHER TWITCHING OR SHARP STABBING PAIN. IF THIS IS MS, DOES THE ANY OF THE MEDS MAKE THIS BETTER OR DOES IT JUST KEEP IT FROM GETTING WORST? SEE I'M SCARED. ONE OF THE GIFTS OF THE LEVEL OF ABUSE I GREW UP WITH IS YOUR ALMOST NUMB TO PAIN. I'VE BROKEN A FEW ANKLES, NOW IT *****, BUT I DON'T FEEL IT TO THE POINT OF CRYING OR ANYTHING, IT'S BOTHERSOME. SO FOR ME TO BE AND FEEL THIS MUCH PAIN SCARES ME, I'M NOT USE TO FEELING PAIN. I HAVE HAD TO EXPLAIN TO DOCTORS THAT IF I SAY I'M IN PAIN, THAT MEANS IT'S REALLY BAD. A NORMAL PERSON WOULD BE SCREAMING. SORRY FOR DUMPING ALL THIS HERE, I JUST CAN'T BRING IT INTO MY REAL LIFE, NOR ALLOW MYSELF TO FEEL THIS AROUND MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN STRONG AND I FEEL SO WEAK. I AM WEAK AND TIRED. DOES ANY ONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY? WELL ENOUGH OUT OF ME...... BLESSED BE.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you have two posts going with the same information, so am going with this one.

DMD will not undo what is done, if you have MS, it helps protect against what might happen in the future, and no promise of how many relapses it can help avoid.  

thank you poppy for the cut/paste, I could not have followed it in its original format.

I can see other possible causes, like you but we will wait.

Did you see the radiologist report that went with your MS?  usually there is a summary of the findings (not always accurate but tells you his impression)  I'd get a copy of both for my files, we usually do.

Are your symptoms bouncing all over your body or picking one side?  You will also have to have blood tests done to help rule out the over 20-something mimic diseases that look like, talk like,...you get it...MS.
Then a possible LP if they think it helpful but some of us have those come back as negative also.

Yeah, you had to look, I think many of us do, but since we are not trained to interpret all that we see, sometimes we look at things that should be there and think they do not and.........

Assuming the non-contrast put your brain in grey and the possible lesions (or other things) in black.  Most of us see our lesions as little bouncy lights (not bouncing  - they cause enough problems sitting still).

Do ask your neuro to sit down and go thru the MRI with you so that you can learn about what you see and yeah, come back and tell us......we all learn from each other!

So sorry you are going thru this.  I was working until it got so bad I quit to protect those I was working with and still didn't know what I had for another 6-7 yrs.  So, its not a quick process for most of us, sometimes we get idiot neuro's and sometimes we get lucky.

Helpful - 0
THANK YOU
Helpful - 0
Easy way to edit is left click on mouse, highlight text, right click, hit copy and then paste it into a new comment box so you can split it up.  Here it is:

THIS IS A LONG STORY, SO I'M GOING TO CUT TO THE CHASE OF IT. THIS IS 3YRS TWO SURGERIES LATER. I'M GUESSING THE  WERE NOT NEED AT THIS POINT, THEY DID NOT HELP. SO LAST MONTH, COMING HOME FROM MY PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR, FOR MY KNEE DUE TO A CAR ACCIDENT, MY HANDS START TO SHAKE. WITHIN HALF HOUR THEY GO INTO FULL TREMOR SHAKING. OF COURSE MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS PARKINSON. SO I CALLED MY GP. THAT DID NOT GO WELL AT ALL.

I HAVE P.T.S.D. DUE TO EXTREME CHILD ABUSE, I'VE HAD IT SINCE I WAS 10YRS OLD. THAT'S OVER 30YRS NOW. I'VE BEEN IN THERAPY FOR 2YRS NOW AND 'EM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF IT. WE ARE JUST WORKING ON WHAT MY TRIGGERS ARE AND TO FIND HEALTHY WAYS TO HANDLE THE SYMPTOMS. SO THE NP WHO I SAW TRIED TO BLAME IT ON THAT, AND USED THE WORD CRAZY. SHE SAID THEY WOULD MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME WITH NEUROLOGIST JUST TO CALM ME DOWN. I LEFT CALMED DOWN, WENT BACK IN AND SPOKE WITH THE OFFICE MANAGER ABOUT HER ATTITUDE,  WHAT WAS SAID TO ME AND LET HER KNOW THAT

MY P.T.S.D. DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY I'VE HAD IT FOR 30YRS AND NEVER HAS ANY PART OF MY BODY SHOOK WITH TREMORS BEFORE...... SO TWO WEEKS LATER I HAD TO GO FOR AN MRI LOOKING FOR A PINCHED NERVE. IT WAS NON CONTRAST. THEY SENT MY NEUROLOGIST THE REPORT AND GAVE ME THE IMAGES. NOW YOU KNOW I HAD TO LOOK. MY BRAIN MRI SHOWED BLACK SPOTS ON EVERY IMAGE, ANY WHERE FROM 4 ALL THE WAY UP TO 15 PER IMAGE. SO I GOGGLED IT, BLACK SPOTS ON BRAIN MRI. ANY ONE WANT TO GUESS WHAT I FOUND? THERE ARE A FEW CAUSES. NONE MAKE ME HAPPY.

OUT OF EVERYTHING I READ THEY COULD BE I'M HOPING FOR MS! I'M PRETTY SURE I DON'T HAVE A TUMOR. AT LEAST I'M HOPING I WOULD GET A PHONE CALL TO COME IN ASAP. I'VE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT MY SYMPTOMS FOR 3YRS NOW.

I'M SO TIRED AND IN SO MUCH PAIN. WHEN I READ UP ON MS, I STOPPED AND THOUGHT ABOUT IT. I STARTED HAVING SYMPTOMS ABOUT 5YRS AGO, BUT I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS WORKING SO MUCH. I WAS A SERVER, I STARTED FALLING A LOT. HEADACHES, CHEST PAINS, NUMBNESS IN DIFFERENT PART OF MY BODY, PINS AND NEEDLES, MUSCLE CRAMPS, FATIGUE BUT AFTER 20YRS I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS NORMAL.

I HAVE 6 DAYS LEFT BEFORE I HAVE APPOINTMENT, NOW I'M STRESSING. I'VE BEEN MAKING JOKES AND KEEPING IT LIGHT, I'VE GOTTEN WORST, IT USE TO GO AWAY. IT'S NOT GOING AWAY ANY MORE. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF I'M MAKING IT WORST. THAT'S NOT TRUE THOUGH. I WAKE UP PLAN ON SEWING, I GET ALL EXCITED ON WHAT I'M GOING TO MAKE, THEN IT'S LIKE SOME ONE JUST DRAINED ALL MY ENERGY. I HAVE TO GO TAKE A NAP, I DON'T WAKE UP REFRESHED, JUST IN TWITCHY PAIN. MY HAND TREMORS HAVE STOPPED, WELL THEY ARE WEAK AND JUST SHAKE A LITTLE. MY LEFT EYE IS EITHER TWITCHING OR SHARP STABBING PAIN.

IF THIS IS MS, DOES THE ANY OF THE MEDS MAKE THIS BETTER OR DOES IT JUST KEEP IT FROM GETTING WORST? SEE I'M SCARED. ONE OF THE GIFTS OF THE LEVEL OF ABUSE I GREW UP WITH IS YOUR ALMOST NUMB TO PAIN. I'VE BROKEN A FEW ANKLES, NOW IT *****, BUT I DON'T FEEL IT TO THE POINT OF CRYING OR ANYTHING, IT'S BOTHERSOME. SO FOR ME TO BE AND FEEL THIS MUCH PAIN SCARES ME, I'M NOT USE TO FEELING PAIN.

I HAVE HAD TO EXPLAIN TO DOCTORS THAT IF I SAY I'M IN PAIN, THAT MEANS IT'S REALLY BAD. A NORMAL PERSON WOULD BE SCREAMING. SORRY FOR DUMPING ALL THIS HERE, I JUST CAN'T BRING IT INTO MY REAL LIFE, NOR ALLOW MYSELF TO FEEL THIS AROUND MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN STRONG AND I FEEL SO WEAK. I AM WEAK AND TIRED. DOES ANY ONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY? WELL ENOUGH OUT OF ME...... BLESSED BE.
Helpful - 0
You can't edit on this site.  You'd need to copy the text into Microsoft Word or whatever word processing or notepad application you have, edit it there, and copy the edited version back into this thread.
Helpful - 0
HOW DO I EDIT?
Helpful - 0
Hi, could you split up your post into paragraphs and re-post?  Many of the members here have visual symptoms that make reading large blocks of text difficult.  You would then have a better chance that more will read and respond to your post.  Thanks!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Multiple Sclerosis Community