Multiple Sclerosis Community

Numb lips are annoying

HI All,

Although not very painful i find the periods of numb lips which can last for weeks to be really annoying.

Somrtimes the kids find it funny when i try yo speak and the words sound funny...Makes me laugh....But still annoying...

Steve
Hi - I don't think I've given you an official welcome here, so I'm glad you found us.

Kids are so easily amused - too bad we aren't equalled entertained.  I dont' get the whole numb lip thing  - I just have one spot on my upper lip that does this.  Instead I have  a whole right leg that is sensory deprived.

Keep laughing - sometimes tht's the best medicine.

be well, Lulu
Ugh, I hear ya!  Are you chewing on yours?  That was my biggest problem... ugh, makes me shudder just remembering (ughghgh!)  Mine had just enough sensation left so I could feel the wet "crunch", you know?  Just not the pain, to tell me when I was biting...  Ooooooooh.

Of all the things I've had numb, I vote lips as the creepiest.  What's your vote? :P  I hope they're better soon!!!
Mine aren't numb but they tingle.  It feels like I have hair on them.  The end of my nose does the same thing.  I find myself trying to wipe what ever ir is that is tickling me off.  I haven't succeeded yet.

terry
Ouch.  There was one week when I kept biting the same place on my lip.  It would have hurt more if it weren't numb!

Yeah, numb lips suck.  When my lips are numb, not only do I have trouble talking without slurring, but I also drool!  And when I take a drink, water runs out that side of my mouth.