A
A
A
Close
Multiple Sclerosis Community
9.16k Members

Numb lips are annoying

HI All,

Although not very painful i find the periods of numb lips which can last for weeks to be really annoying.

Somrtimes the kids find it funny when i try yo speak and the words sound funny...Makes me laugh....But still annoying...

Steve
4 Responses
572651 tn?1531002957
Hi - I don't think I've given you an official welcome here, so I'm glad you found us.

Kids are so easily amused - too bad we aren't equalled entertained.  I dont' get the whole numb lip thing  - I just have one spot on my upper lip that does this.  Instead I have  a whole right leg that is sensory deprived.

Keep laughing - sometimes tht's the best medicine.

be well, Lulu
Ugh, I hear ya!  Are you chewing on yours?  That was my biggest problem... ugh, makes me shudder just remembering (ughghgh!)  Mine had just enough sensation left so I could feel the wet "crunch", you know?  Just not the pain, to tell me when I was biting...  Ooooooooh.

Of all the things I've had numb, I vote lips as the creepiest.  What's your vote? :P  I hope they're better soon!!!
648910 tn?1290666683
Mine aren't numb but they tingle.  It feels like I have hair on them.  The end of my nose does the same thing.  I find myself trying to wipe what ever ir is that is tickling me off.  I haven't succeeded yet.

terry
338416 tn?1420049302
Ouch.  There was one week when I kept biting the same place on my lip.  It would have hurt more if it weren't numb!

Yeah, numb lips suck.  When my lips are numb, not only do I have trouble talking without slurring, but I also drool!  And when I take a drink, water runs out that side of my mouth.  
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease