Multiple Sclerosis Community

OT- Can We Share Some Jokes?

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that this has been a hard week for a lot of people on this forum. It's said that laughter is the best medicine and scientific studies have proven this (don't anyone challenge me to cite the studies!).

An old post was resurrected this week "This Made My Day" and it was very, very funny to me and a lot of other people, so I'm hoping we can share some good medicine in the form of our favorite jokes with one another.

Okay, Audrey, breathe deep, you're putting yourself on the line here with this one. Especially because it tends to be a sexist joke and is just a tad bit naughty.

Here goes:

What did one sagging boob say to the other?

Scroll down:

If we don't get some support soon, they're going to think we're nuts!

LOL?

Audrey
Amish Humor

Sign behind an Amish carriage:

"Energy efficient vehicle. Runs on grass and oats.

CAUTION: Avoid exhaust!"

John
Here's a sexist AND a blonde joke.

Two men were staring quizzically up at a flag pole.  A statuesque blonde walked by and asked what they were doing.

"We have to determine the exact height of this pole," said one guy.

"Oh, that's easy," she exclaimed.  She reached into her purse and pulled out a large socket wrench.  She removed the bolts at the base of the pole and, with the help of the men, they laid it down.  She then pulled a huge tape measure out of her purse.  She carefully measured the pole and told them it was 26' 4".

They replaced the pole, she packed her tools, and she walked on.

"Sheesh!" one said,  "Isn't that JUST like a blonde!  Ask her the height of something and she gives you it's length!"

Quizzle Sticks
there was a male broom and a female broom that had hung in the closet together for a long time and decided to get married.  As the ceremony was taking place the female broom leaned over and whispered to the male broom that she was expecting a baby broom.

the male broom looked at her in surprise and exclaimed "that's impossible.... we haven't even swept together!"
COMMUNITY LEADER
At COMDEX Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating (by Mr. Welch himself):

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

• For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

• Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

• Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

• Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

• Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but it would only run on five percent of the roads.

• The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.

• New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

• The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

• Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lift the door handle, turn the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.

• GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

• Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as in the old car.

• You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

Two golden-agers were discussing their husbands over tea.

"I do wish that my Elmer would stop biting his nails. He makes me terribly nervous."

"My Billy used to do the same thing," the older woman replied. "But I broke him of the habit."

"How?"

"I hid his teeth."
Despite my loathing for GM, this was FUNNY!

============================================

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trashcan under the table, and notice that the trashcan is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left.  My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.  I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Guys, in my family we call this Moving Through the World Butt First.

Quix

Qantas Airlines: Repair Division

In case you need a laugh:

After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a 'Gripe Sheet' which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft.  The mechanics correct the problems; document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the Gripe Sheets before the next flight.

Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humour.
Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by Qantas' pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers.

By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never, ever, had an accident.

P: Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tyre.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny............ (I love this one!)
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last..................
P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

Q
Freya was driving home when she saw an elderly woman walking along the side of the road.  She stopped the car and asked the woman if she would like a lift?

With a silent nod, the woman climbed into the car.  Freya tried in vain to make conversation with the woman.Will and Guy's jokes - Husband bottle of wine

The old woman looked closely at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a red gift bag on the seat next to Freya.

'What's in the bag?' asked the old woman.

'It's a bottle of gin that I got for my husband.'

The woman was silent for another minute or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said, 'Good trade.'
The Washington Post publishes its yearly contest in which readers are asked to supply alternate word meanings.  Following are this years top 16 entries.

1. Coffee (n.), a person who is coughed upon.

2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.

3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.

6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly
   answer the door in your nightgown.

7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

8. Gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.

9. Flatulence (n.) the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.

10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.

11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.

12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified demeanor assumed by a proctologist immediately before he examines you.

13. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddish expressions.

14. Pokemon (n), A Jamaican proctologist.

15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die your Soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.

16. Circumvent (n.), the opening in the front of boxer shorts.

Quix (you may tell me when to stop)
Why am I not surprised that Quix has so many of these?  :)

I didn't open this thread because I can't think of a joke, but I'm glad I did because I laughed out loud through all of these.

Thanks everyone for the smiles and laughs!

Stephanie
Unfortunately, all the jokes (that I can remember!) are dirty.  

Let's see...

Skeleton walks into the bar.  He says to the bartender, "Bring me a beer... and a mop!"

How does a pirate say goodbye?  "Arrrrrrr-iva derci!"

What's a pirate's favorite kind of movie?  Arr-rated, of course.
Quixotic's hilarious message from Qantas reminded me of this.  I was flying alot for business during the era when airlines were going bankrupt.  Northwest was one of the later ones to file, after many of their competitors had filed.

You know those pleasant little speeches the pilot often gives at the end of the flight thanking the passengers?  I happened to fly Northwest the week they filed for bankruptcy.  At the end of the flight the pilot said:
"Out of all the bankrupt airlines you had to choose from, thank you for flying our bankrupt airline today."