Multiple Sclerosis Community

Roll call - Who's Here these Days?

We have picked up so many new folks around here and of course our long time community members are still here.  I am thinking it might be helpful to start this new thread and have everyone give a brief introduction of themselves  - perhaps the who, what, when, where and why of what brings you to this forum?  Please help to keep this up on page one so we can get a larger snapshot of who is present.  

It doesn't have to be anything elaborate - I'll start as an example.

I'm Lulu54, and was diagnosed with RRMS in 2008. I am on copaxone and my MS appears to be stable for now.  My diagnosis was fairly easy because I have a classic MRI with lesions/enhancing lesions in all the right places and a neurologist who doesn't believe in delaying treatment.  Also, I am one of several co-community leaders here on the MS community and am passionate about advocating for all of us.

Who's next?
Believe it or not, I'm still around. I often stop in and see how everyone is doing from time to time. The Parkinson's side of Medhelp is a tad slow to respond, so being that (though I have different meds) I have some of the same type of symptoms that most of you folks have.

By the way, my meds have absolutely changed my life, as life is much more enjoyable for me now.

My doc wrestled around what appeared, due to symptoms, to be MS, or a mimic. After only two years, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's and Fibromyalgia. So, that's why I'm here, I just like you all dang it :)

Mutt
I'm hbananas, mid-50s, diagnosed with transverse myelitis in 2008, being watched for MS.  No significant relapse, just a collection of small things that are a nuisance to me and slooooowly getting worse. Major current troubles-eye pain from TN, urge incontinence, and sluggish bowels.  3 cervical spinal lesions and one brain lesion.
I'm Laura. I was just recently dx with rrms in July of this year.  My neuro believes I had it for 10yrs.  I've been on copaxone for only 6 weeks.  I come to this forum for support and in hope of finding answers to questions that arise along my journey.
I'm essdipity (ess), and I've been here since Oct 07, a real old-timer. Tentatively diagnosed in Jan 08, with final diagnosis somewhat later, I forget. it was a long pull to get there--my first brain MRI was in 2000, many neuros, etc. Started on Copax,turned out to be allergic. Switched to Avonex, and have done well on it. My worst symptoms at the moment are gait and balance issues, plus of course the endless fatigue. Severe nerve pain controlled very well on 450 mg of Lyrica.
Hey Lulu

I'm Mand, diagnosed 17 years ago with "mild!" MS, my MS did actually take a mild course till about 4 years ago when my mobility started to be affected.

I have been on Betaseron for 3 years.

I get around with a cane.

Officially retired  but I do some part time work from home.

I have been a member of this community for approx 3 years and think it is wonderful. I don't post a lot but am on here most days catching up!

Mand
Hi. I'm Jumpinjiminy in limbo. Been working on figuring this out for the last year. Have all the symptoms, none of the test results. Clinically stable at this time, yet everytime there's a flare, things get a little worse. I'm currently fighting through ignoring this until the next shoe drops and am developing a distaste for the medical community.

My focus has shifted from finding out what this is to working toward lessening it's impact on my life. Symptomatic treatments are all they have to offer until a lab test shows them it's not psychosomatic.