Aa
A
A
A
Close
Multiple Sclerosis Community
9.23k Members

Sensitive scalp and sharp ear pain

I have sharp ear pain on and off and the top of that side of my head is sensitive to touch. I experienced this a few years ago but it totally went away. Now it is back and I never found out what it is or what to do. When I take Ibuprofin, it does help subside the pain for awhile. Any help would be appreciated.
2 Responses
667078 tn?1316000935
I have no clue. I saw no one else answered so I did not want to be rude. If you want to see if it is neurological you can go to your GP and ask for a neurological exam that is reflexes and such. If ibuprofen helps it probably is not nerve pain since ibuprofen does not work on nerve pain.

Alex
1 Comments
Thank you for your comment. I did get a neurological exam by my Primary, and no indication that it is neurological. Now I'm being tested for Thyroid Hashimotos. the head sensitivity is gone and no more ear pain, but now other symptons are leaning toward thyroid.
I had this before, and I'm experiencing it again.  Today, it's not only a pain just above my ear, but it's a pain that starts in my nose and shoots in my cheek to above my right ear.  The doctor diagnosed it as trigeminal neuralgia.  I was prescribed something, and I'm looking here to try to remember the medicine she prescribed and am having trouble finding the name of it.  If you have MS, this is certainly related.
1 Comments
I also had my symptoms a year ago. I went to the Chiropractor and remember it took 3 weeks to get me feeling normal again. It has now been 24 days and my symptoms are gone except slight pain in neck and shoulders, and low energy. From my research, I think it is Occipital Neuralgia. I do not have MS. thank you for replying.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331027953
Australia
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease