Multiple Sclerosis Community

This is Eliz husband I need answers

Hi I'm Bob Elizabeth's husband. I have a few questions and Elizabeth told me that if I had any questions or concerns that I should go here.
So here we go
1. We just got Elizabeth's MRI that was done in 2002 with a 1.5 what ever that means. Back then there was scattered foci of abnormal signal in subcortical white matter bilaterally. She really does not remember the doctor visit just that she was told there was nothing wrong with her brain. She was taken to the ER with numbness on right side and weakness throughout here body. Also memory loss and visual disturbance with numbness on the left side of her face. She also had an MRI done we think it was 2 years earlier we haven't gotten those results. Why would they tell her nothing was wrong when the ER doctor noted all these problems? Her current MRI results show dymelanating in the perventricule   white matter and in the deep white matter. Pretty prominent for her age. The neuroradialogist suggest MS. All blood test have ruled out other problems.
2. Why is Elizabeth in alot of pain? She is making herself move and do things but I can see it in her eyes and movements that she is hurting. Also I hear her crying during the night.
3. Elizabeth has started Physical Therapy. She goes back Thursday. The physical therapist is the same one that has treated her before. And she remembers how tight all her muscles were and the nerve pain on the left side.
I'm worried about my wife and I want to learn more about what is going on. The neurologist first said yes to MS and now no to MS just because the LP was negative.
Her new PCP says yes to MS and the podiatrist said her numbness in her feet and legs are classic for MS not diabetes. So NOW WHAT?
What do I do, Elizabeth is getting tired and wants all this to end.
Thanks for any help.
Bob
YOU ARE A DREAM AND WELCOME.

A T1.5 MRI IS THE TELSA WEIGHTED MRI MACHINE.

YOUR WIFE NEEDS A NEW NEURO,ONE THAT DEALS WITH MS.HER MRI IS CLASSIC FOR MS.

THE NERVE PAIN AND SPASMS ARE CLASSIC SYMPTOMS OF MS,AND I CAN RELATE TO YOUR WIFES PAIN.

YOU NEED TO GET ON THE PHONE WITH HER NEUROLOGIST AND EXPLAIN THE PROGESSION OF THESE SYMPTOMS.

LP'S CAN BE NORMAL IN THE FIRST STAGES OF MS,NOT EVERYONE HAS A POSITIVE LP.MY LAST ONE HAD ONE O-BAND AND HIGHLY ELEVATED MYELIN BASIC PROTEINS.

THE PAIN YOUR WIFE IS EXPERIENCES IS THE NERVES ARE MISFIRING OR CONSTANTLY FIRING,THE MYELIN SHEATH AROUND THE NERVES STARTS TO COME OFF AND THERE FOR CAUSING THE PAIN.

IS SHE ON ANY MEDS FOR THE SPASMS(BACLOFEN,ZANAFLEX,VALIUM,ATIVAN) THERES OTHERS.

THERES MEDS FOR THE NERVE PAIN,NEURONTIN,LYRICA.

HAS YOUR WIFE HAD MRI'S OF THE C-SPINE(NECK) OR THORACIC(MIDDLE SPINE).

MANY NEURO'S ARE LESION COUNTERS OR THEY WANT TO SEE THE LP,ABNORMAL.

THERES OTHER TEST SUCH AS EVOKED POTENTIALS.

HOPEFULLY THERAPY IS HELPING YOUR WIFE.

CONTACT HER NEURO,MANY NEURO'S USE THE MCDONALDS CRITERIA SCORE.

WISHING YOUR WIFE WELL AND SENDING YOU BOTH PRAYERS.

T-LYNN
T-lynn gives excellent advice.  You are an awsome spouse, you remind me of my wonderful husband in that you care so much.  MS is very painful.  My only addition to T-lynn's comments is to obtain the written reports from all MRI's, if you haven't already.  God bless you, Amy
Sorry.  Duh.  I see you have the reports.
Thank you for your help. As for meds she was on neurontine she had to get off of it. It was playing havoc in her brain and eyes. She is going back to her PCP which is in internal medicine doctor on the 17th and have her go ahead and refer her to the MS specialist in the next town. Also she is going to request another MRI of the brain with/without contrast and one of her full spine. Her PCP did a CT scan for the headaches just to see about bleeding and an anyerism that was spotted on an xray. Every thing is Good.
I guess Elizabeth is really scared her dad was diagnosed finally with Altzehmers last month I think. He is 93 and the neuro doctor said that if it wasn't for his age he would call it MS. Elizabeth said from the time she was little her dad had balance and memory problems. (He was 46 when she was born) Her sister is in a nursing home with MS, she can't even sit up without help and her memory is gone. We are dealing with all this in counseling. I wanted marriage counseling so I could learn more and understand my wife. I'm 60 and she is under 50 and yes you can teach an old dog new tricks. I met her 5 years ago after being single for 35 years and fell head over heals in LOVE with her. She is #2 in my life and God is #1. I just want her to be happy and safe with me.
Thanks again
I'll be checking back after a while need to walk the dogs and check on Elizabeth.
Bless you
Bob
YOU ARE AN AMAZING AND CARING MAN,YOUR WIFE IS DEFINATLY SAFE AND SECURE WITH YOU.

MY HUSBAN COULDN'T HANDLE MY DISEASE AND WE ARE SEPERATED.HE'S A GOOD MAN,BUT CAN'T COPE WITH IT ALL.

ELIZA IS DEALING WITH A LOT,WITH HER FATHER AND HER SISTER,ELIZA NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT MS EFFECTS EACH OF US DIFFERENTLY,A DISEASE WITH ONE NAME,BUT EACH OF US HAVE DIFFERENT DEFICITS.

THIS DISEASE RELAPSES FOR MANY,SOME OF US CAN LIVE WITH THE MILD PROGRESSION.THE DISABILITIES FROM MS COMES FROM THE LOCATIONS OF THE LESIONS.BEING THE BRAIN STEM LESIONS ARE THE WORSE.

LESIONS IN THE NECK AND BACK CAN CAUSE NASTY SYMPTOMS,ESPECIALLY IF THEY CROSS THE SPINE.

THERES MANY MEDS TODAY THAT SLOW THE PROGRESSION DOWN,THE EARLIER THE DX,THE BETTER,SO THEY SAY.

ELIZA'S DAD IS 93 AND IF THIS IS INDEED MS,HE HAS DONE AWESOME JOB WITH IT.ELIZA NEEDS TO KEEP THAT IN MIND,BUT ON THE OTHER HAND SHE IS SEEING HER SISTER.

YOUR WIFE NEEDS NEW MRI'S,NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND A SPECIALIST.

I'M GLAD THAT THE TWO OF YOU ARE SEEKING COUNSELING,WHEN DEALING WITH FAMILY DISEASES,COUNSELING HELPS THE FAMILY TO COPE.

THANKS BOB FOR JOINING US,ITS GOOD TO HEAR FROM A SPOUSE LIVING WITH A PERSON WITH MS OR POSSIBLY MS.

CRAIGS WIFE ELAINE,SHE JOINS US,ITS JUST WONDERFUL TO HAVE YOU BOTH HERE.

KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS,WE WILL TRY TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND AND LEARN ABOUT THIS DISEASE.

T-LYNN
YOU ARE ONE OF THE GREAT ONES.
WELCOME AND YOU WILL FIND
COMFORT AND SURPORT HERE.
HOPE  THINGS GET BETTER FOR YOU ALL.
GOD BLESS AND BIG HUGS TO YOU.
AND YOUR WIFE.
KITT