Multiple Sclerosis Community

Tinnitus (ringing in ears) anyone else?

I started with hyperacusis (noises sounding very loud) back when I was dx'd with M.S. 15 years ago.  I had severe hyperacusis in my right ear at the time.  It's better now but my right ear has always been more sensitive to noises since then, I wear earplugs when necessary.  I've learned to live with it.

Now for 4 months I've had severe tinnitus in my right ear (same as the hyperacusis one).  It is crazy loud, can't be masked by white noise etc.  I've had an ENT and audiologist check and they don't see anything wrong.  I don't have any hearing loss (which is often when people notice tinnitus).

My audiologist is certain that the MS is causing it, even though technically it's not a known "symptom" (what a joke right??  As if there is anything this crazy disease can't do).  

I'm wondering if others have this as well?  Is there anything that has helped you?  I know for some it's not that loud, or you can cover it with other noises.  That isn't my case - it is overwhelming and makes me stressed out and frustrated.  I've tried to relax, refocus, etc. but to no avail so far.

I'd appreciate hearing from others who have gone through this.

Thanks!
I don't have it but it is a MS symptom.  May be some IV steroids would help? That is really rough.

Alex