What is mild focal microvascular changes in the subcortical white matter?

I had a brain mri, recommended from my neurologist after an office consultation. Previously, I had a syncope, two months before that, (never had one before). I have hypertension, high cholesterol, deppression and generalized anxiety, among others. Taking medications for all the conditions. It will be very appreciated your response. Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome,

"mild focal microvascular changes in the subcortical white matter" is probably the most common findings on an MRI, and could typically be completely normal findings depending on your age group.

From what i understand they are teeny tiny lesions from minor vascular bleeds, usually only between 1mm to 3mm in size, mild is often ischaemic but micro vascular changes can be associated with conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, autoimmune and some inflammatory conditions...

Hope that helps....JJ      

You are reading content posted in the Multiple Sclerosis Community