joint pains. blurred vision

ive had arthritis the last 6yrs so my consultant says but all my blood test come back normal... now all i keep getting is pins and needles in my fingers hands and feet and legs.. but also got a numbness in my left hand and it goes up my arm to my elbow..what can this be
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hi there!  Let me ask this, what type of arthritis does he say you have?  RA?  10% of RA patients have a negative rheumatoid factor and are given dx based on symptoms and clinical presentation.  

In my experience and dealing with similar situations, it could possibly be the inflammation is putting pressure on the nerves. I have the same kind of problems with the tingling and numbness but its because of bones fusing in my wrist. It wouldn't hurt to have some nerve conduction tests to see if there is nerve damaage going on, but definately get ahold of your Dr and get this checked out!

Ada

Are you actively seeing a Neuro for this now? Are you still seeing the Rheumatologist.
Unfortunately, those sx can be from several different things.

If I were you I would get a referral to a Neuro for some further tesing to rule in or out other possible causes.

Welcome to the Forum. Please stick around and we will try and help you muddle through this.

Take Care,
~Tonya