A
A
A
Close
Multiple Sclerosis Community
9.2k Members
354585 tn?1225916814

my story so far...

My first symptom was back last summer when i was feeling faint and my feet felt like sponge.. had to pull the car over as everything was a blur..
December 07 i was rushed to hospital with kidney infection when they found i was retaining urine..
Had cystoscopy and checked for kidney stones etc..but found nothing.
This has got worse since and i cath 5-6 times a day as i canot pass at all..
Had urodynamics testing and was told i had neurogenic bladder.
I have had kidney infection after infection and had about 5 referals to hospital this year ..
Since then i have sufferd spasms,cramp and numbness in neck,fingers and arms,
Heat seems to trigger symptoms..i had a hot bath and i started to vomit .
My urologist then reffered me to the neuro as he suspected MS
Had lots of tests .. reflex ,pin *****, etc..
Neuro said i had Babinski response to the plantar reflex and less feeling in toes and fingers than i thought.
He then sent me for MRI which came back ok so now i am waiting on LP
Since all this i have got worse..
Spacticity in right leg to the pint my foot was turned in and shaking .. it was that tight it felt like it was going to snap.
My recent attack is i have a numb leg from the knee down and use a stick to help me around above my knee is burning and buzzing and cramps that take my breath away.. also twitching in my bottom.
I am taking baclofen ,deazepam and tramodol for all my symptoms and i am waiting for the neuro to get bk to me to discuss further treatment/tests..
This sound familiar to many of you?

Thanks all for listening..

Rachy xx
7 Responses
293157 tn?1285877039
welcome to the forum... and yes your symptoms sound familiar, but it could be so many things...
let us know how your LP turns out..... did you have a spine MRI done as well?  

take care
wobbly
undx
354585 tn?1225916814
Cheers hun..
Yes had one of the upper spine..
Spoke with my Neuro this evening after surgery hes pushing for my LP due to my current relapse .. Had another fall today grr!!

All the best
Rachy xx
Welcome to the forum.  I'm a Limbo Lander.  (That refers to those of us with symptoms but no dx.)

The Health Pages in the top right are an excellent resource and can answer many questions - and give you thoughts for questions to ask your doctor.

Stay around and let us know how you are doing.  Many here can give insight into understanding test results, etc.

Cheers, Jules
354585 tn?1225916814
Thanks for the warm welcome guys xx
354585 tn?1225916814
Just an update

My leg symptoms have got worse i now got foot drop leg still numb but cant lift from knee down its just a dead weight ? I have been in wheelchair since December and use Zimmer frame around house. Leg burns at top and spasms around bum area when i try to walk , Having physio and leg brace fitted also having a LP done next week *scared*

Not sure if its MS or mini stroke?
354585 tn?1225916814
Oh forgot to add im still self cathing 1 yr on.. no change to bladder retention and still get bad upper body spasms.
198419 tn?1360245956
Hi there,

I wanted to say hello and mentioin that I hope this LP brings some answers to you. You got the MRIs? Were they of your brain too?

When do you go back to the Dr?

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to help as best we can.

I wish you were not going through this, but glad you've joined us.

Be sure to tell the Dr. about the spasms.  Maybe he or she will adjust your meds.

Welcome!
Shell

Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease