Multiple Sclerosis Community

myelomalacia

Iam a 37 year old male.
Back in 2006 I suffered a neck injury which left me needing surgery, I had c5-c6, c6-c7 dics removed and fusion implant (ribera cage), they said my spinal cord was damaged. I have been left with several problems, and pain is extreme at times, constant burning pain in legs, distorted sensation feelings, spastisity, i have lumbar issues to and have had spinal injectios to try and control pain (with no joy), and awaiting another MRI now regarding the lumbar issues.
#The thing is iam really worried about the future, my MRI reports say, I have PROGRESSIVE FOCAL MYELOMALACIA, at levels c5/c6, as a result of the damage done to the spinal cord.
Does the PROGRESSIVE MYELOMALACIA , mean that in time I will be paralized??? I am a very active person (being a personal trainer) prior to the accident, and so veryu worried as to what the future holds.
Could anyone help with regards to my question please??  
.
Hi.  This is a Multiple Sclerosis forum, and even though myelomalacia has some similar symptoms, it's a whole different animal.  Do talk to your orthopedist and you should probably consult a neurologist, too.

Good luck to you!