A
A
A
Close
Multiple Sclerosis Community
9.22k Members
1858011 tn?1319837353

please pray

I'm here at the hospital.  I'm getting an emgs test and an mri done. I'm in so much pain right now that I can't stop crying which, I hate doing in front of my husband.   I need all the prayers today. It's a really bad day.

Thanks to all who respond....

Take care
            Misty
29 Responses
2034625 tn?1392643292
Praying...

Sorry you're having such a bad day. I hope that they can give you something at least to help the pain. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you feel better very soon.

963268 tn?1312900315
Prayers coming your way.  Hope your pain is relieved quickly!
738075 tn?1330575844
I hate that you're going through this - good thoughts coming your way...Speedy recovery, Misty!
352007 tn?1372857881
You are where you should be Misty and I'm glad you're getting some tests done.

I'm sorry about the pain your experiencing and I hope the staff will allay the pain efficiently.

Don't worry about crying, you have every reason to let it all out.  Everyone can use a good cry! It's good for the soul.

My prayers and thoughts are with you sweets!

Lisa
1140169 tn?1370185076
Ditto what everyone else said.

Thinking of you.

Mike
Cry your heart out if you need to - if it were the other way around you'd want him to let it all out, right? Hope you get some relief soon.
1168718 tn?1464983535
lots of hugs and prayers coming your way.  Hoping for that hedge of protection to encase you, and give you a calmness you need, and the  courage to get through this.

Candy
2012515 tn?1353875525
Misty, Holdfast!
I'm lifting you in prayer and will continue to do so. Jesus will carry you and give you the strength. Cry and let the stress go. Your husband loves you and we ALL do and you know Jesus does.  So stay encouraged with knowing all this and hopefully it will pass ( the pain ),
Hugs and Prayers,
Tammy:)
987762 tn?1331027953
COMMUNITY LEADER
Dear Misty,

I hope you get some relief very soon, let us know how it goes.

Thinking of you!

HUGS............JJ
1858011 tn?1319837353
Thanks so much for all of your prayers they all helped so much.  U guys are great. I made it through and thanks so much for all of your support. I'm really tired right now and will post an update later.

Take care......  Hugs to all....  I know god is with me and will see me through everything.
1548028 tn?1324612446
Misty-Hang in there darlin!  I am praying hard from here that you get better soon, get needed rest, the tears turn to smiles when you see all the people here who care so very much for you!  Keep us updated!  
1337734 tn?1336234591
Hi Misty,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sorry you are going through such a tough time :( Hugs to you
xxxooo
Deb
1475492 tn?1332884167
Hugs Misty... I am thinking and praying for your relief.
1523516 tn?1330044257
Hi Misty!  

I have been praying for you and I just know God is holding you close to Him.  Please do not be concerned about crying.  Some of my greatest times of relief come after a good cry and there have been times my husband has needed to see me cry.  I know it's important to stay strong, but don't be afraid to let him see your emotions.  

You know we love you!  Please get some rest and update us when you can.
Love and prayers and lots of HUGS!
Stacie
1858011 tn?1319837353
  I want to thank everyone for thinking of me and praying.  I will give an update soon its just a lot to take in right now.  

Thanks for caring, thoughts, prayers and support..

Thanks to all.....  

Hugs to all
        Misty
1548028 tn?1324612446
Looking forward to the update.  Just take care for now.  Thinking of you!
1637739 tn?1371688706
))HUGS((
You are in the right place and lean on that husband of yours - that is exactly what I am sure he wants you to do!!  Sending out some prayers for you!

Jeny
352007 tn?1372857881
I can't wait for you to finally get the answers and the appropriate treatment for whatever it is that has been doing what it is doing to you over the years.

I hope your pain is now controlled and please keep us informed.

Lisa
1858011 tn?1319837353
I want to thank everyone for being there for me.  When I was at the hospital they had me do blood work for sjergin test... Spelling not sure of..  That test come out normal.  They also had me do an Mri of my cervical spine which the only thing that was seen on there was narrowing of the spine.  The Emgs of both my legs and arms..  were adnornal...  

I spoke to the doctor over the phone about these results she said the emgs showed that the nerves were not sending a signal to my muscles and back again.  She is very concerned that this is going to also affect my left side. She said there is nothing we can do about your right side not being able to move it.

They want to try and prevent this from happening.  She also said that inflammation is involved.  It's all very confusing to me.  Something needs to be done so my left side isn't affected.  She wants to send me for more blood work and possible a muscle biopies which I'm scared to death to go through that.  She said something is very wrong and we will get to the bottom of it.

At the end of the talk she assured me I wasn't crazy. Thanks but, I already knew that...  For god sake I'm in a wheelchair and can't walk.

Anyway, me and my husband were talking he said if this affects your left side I won't be able to care for you.  You will have no choose but to go to a nursing home.  I understand where he is coming from but, I don't want that.  I'm scared that whatever is going on it will be too late.  I don't want that either.

The doctor said your left side is weak yes it is we already knew that but, I'm still able to move this side....   I don't know what's going on but, I do believe its coming down to the wire on finding out.  

I had my EGD test done and that doctor said I'm full of inflammation.  I don't know what that means either.   Me and my doctor is going to touch base next week.  

Not, sure where to go from here. But, it doesn't sound good.  I can't lose my left side its the only side I have....  And, it seems like they are antipating this is going to happen.  

Well, let's treat it before it does...    I will keep everyone up to date with me and thanks again everyone for being so caring and thoughtful.  

Ps.... Thanks for the prayers...  I know not everyone believes in god but, I do and he has helped me through so much..

Hugs to all
Misty
2005940 tn?1327726450
I am so very sorry for what you are going through. I pray that you will get the answers you need soon. Sending you hugs.
Daphne
2034625 tn?1392643292
Misty, I will continue to pray for you and for your doctors that they find a solution to your problems.  So sorry that you're going through all of this.  Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Hugs,
Laura
2015036 tn?1332997788
I hope they find some answers for you soon.  I'm sorry...  

Tammy
352007 tn?1372857881
I do not know how long you were suffering from right sided weakness and restricted to a wheelchair, but I find it quite odd that the doctors are "now" finally investigating the causes assertively.  They should have been doing so since day one.  Shame on them.

It seems as though they are finally getting down to the wire on what is going on with you and it seems they are thinking along the lines of a ruling out nerve or muscle disease.

If you think you're going to have an issue with anxiety over the muscle biopsy procedure, just make sure you have an anxiolytic prescribed for that day.  It depends on what they will do? Did the doctor say it would be a needle biopsy or an open biopsy?  From what I remember, you receive a local anesthesia and you are awake during this procedure.  The patient I had did not have any pain during it and just felt weird sensations and was sore a few days later.

I wish you the best of luck and please don't think about "what ifs" in regard to nursing home.  Right now just concentrate on what is going to be done to get to the bottom of this and give you answers for what you're going through and what you have been going through.

Let us know Misty

Sincerely

Lisa
1689801 tn?1333983316
Hi Misty, I am SO sorry what you´re going through, you are incredible brave with all of that going on. I´m also wondering like Lisa what were the doctors thinking for all that time without doing anything!! I always thought if you are not able to walk, they would be investicating from day one.

I hope they figure this out very soon, so they can stop or at least delay this procression. Take care and make sure you´re getting all the attention you need from the doctors.

My best to you,
Dagun
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
987762 tn?1331027953
Australia
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease