Hi all.  

I am currently in Australia after a whirlwind business trip to New Zealand.  New Zealand is a very beautiful country.  Was my first trip there, even though I'm australian.  It is pretty quiet after asia.  It was really cold while I was there (even though it's the middle of summer) and I had some lovely long walks on the beach.  Got myself a really nice salt and pepper, gravy dish, sugar bowl, milk and cream jug set made locally.  Will be a lovely memento of my first visit there.

Now I'm in Australia for 5 days catching up with family.  Spent this morning helping my sister (4 months pregnant and with two littlies) clean up her place a little.  She has a farm and lots of animals, house, way too much work.  Australia has been having rain and her dams are full for the first time I can remember since she's lived here.  nice.  I'm going to take a dip in the dam shortly before we go out (for me to catch up with business stuff - banking etc).....

I'm doing ok these days.  Not too much new.  Have taken up yoga, which is fine, except that I now know for sure my balance is shot.  I have to adapt even the simplest balance poses..... and standing on 1 leg now with eyes shut is out - I can only last a couple of seconds without having to put the other foot down.  Hearing testing is on the list.  Definitley have worsening hearing, and others are commenting on my lack of ability to hear them (though some peoples tone of voice is much harder to understand than others).  I'll do that once I get back and will have to bend my pride to accept that I do need hearing aids.  Other stuff is more or less unchanged.  Everything settled down significantly and is about baseline level, though continuing in mild form (particularly the weird sensations & burning continues, but eyes only fire off noticeable a few times a day rather than nearly continuously).  I guess that's good news.... despite the limbo land.  

So I'll keep hanging around to support others for now.  MRI coming up for me next month (will see if I can get a 3T machine...... I'll do my research - in Phils its really a matter of being able to pay, and fortunately I can)....

Catch you all later.

Lurking Sally
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for filling us in on your travels. They sound wonderful, especially for those of us  shivering in the relative tundra of the nothern US. At present we're having an ice storm.

I'm glad to hear you're getting to the right place mentally to deal with the symptoms that cry out for the solutions available, but I'm also glad you will keep on pursuing the other elusive stuff too. You're a strong, upbeat gal, and an inspiration to everyone.

ess
Helpful - 0
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU,YOUR TRIP SOUNDS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEDAY I'LL MAKE IT TO AUSTRALIA,MY DREAM VACATION.

I'M SO GLAD YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE CALMING DOWN,THATS GREAT NEWS,ESPECIALY NOW,YOU GET TO SPEND THIS TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY AND ENJOY IT.

I HAVE SWALLOWED MY PRIDE AND GONNA  GO GET MY HEARING AIDES ALSO.ITS TIME.

ENJOY YOUR FAMILY.

T
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Multiple Sclerosis Community