Multiple Sclerosis Community

update for my new friends

I went to a new family doc, and he was wonderful. He reviewed my hx and films. He agrees with the MS diagnosis. He gave me a script for Ativan and Xanax-a 4 month supply. It's helping the tremors, not the pain.
On the other hand, I got bit by a Brown Recluse Spider yesterday. Nasty bugger!! My finger is all swollen, blistered, and the skin is dying. I think I disturbed the mommy spider and her babies.
Hi, I'm so glad you're with a new doctor.  Have you started an MS med yet?  How are things going?  Do you have anything to help with the pain?

Yeccchh!  about the Brown recluse.  Keep a close watch on the bite/ulcer.  Sometimes they need to be fairly aggressively debrided.  

Keep in touch.  Quix
Hi!  It's Katie, right?  It's good to hear from you.  Sorry about the spider.  My boys would think that's the coolest!  Icky!  

How is the whole disability thing going?  Is your uncle going to help with the fire department or did you decide to drop it?  It would kind of be a shame to let them continue to get away with that.  But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be the one to do it.  I hope things are going well for you and I hope they're getting easier.

I'm glad you like your doctor.  Like Quix said, you ought to have a plan for  your MS in terms of meds.  Who's handling that?  This new doc? How are your symptoms?  Your vision?  Any better?

It's great to hear from you!  Feel well!  And stay in touch!

Chris*