Multiple Sclerosis Community

weight gain

Hi everyone!  I was just reading the "leg shaking" thread by Johnny and I realized that we all have these involuntary muscle actions everyday and yet I have gained 20 pounds since this whole thing started.  My thyroid has been checked (TSH w/ Reflex to Free T4) and was normal.  I have only taken the Medrol dose pack once so no real Prednisone weight.

Anyone else have this same problem?  I am starting the South Beach Diet today since it has worked well in the past for me but just wanted to see if anyone else has gained significant weight since symptoms started?

Thanks guys!
Have a nice day!
Kristin
Hey, I do have weight gain...but maybe that has more to do with the fatigue and not being able to get off my butt and exercize!!  I recently started ice skating again (I fall a lot more now, but it is more productive to exercize in the cold.  I always feel like I am going to pass out at the gym).  I went on the SB Diet once.  It worked for me too...until my Girl Scout cookies came in!  I should go on it with you.  Wanna do biggest loser contest?  I need motivation!!!

I want to turn my +20 to - 40!!!

Aussy
I have also gained weight.  My doc thinks part of it is the meds and the other part is from no exercise.  Since I've been in PT I've started exercising more.  I hope this will help.  Lyrica is one of the biggest culprits.

I'll be praying,
Carol
Yes, I am getting way chubby!!!  I have gained  approx. 15 pounds within the last 5 months.  I want to do the biggest loser, that sounds great fun, fun, fun.  Do we weight ourselves every week?  I think mine is from fatigue and no motivation.  I am taking no meds.  By the way, I went to the doctors today and am having a bunch of bloodwork to rule out stuff, and 2 MRIs on thursday.  Let me know how we can play the biggest loser.
Terrie
Well, first off...I don't think we should announce our initial weight.  I don't want to advertise that to the whole forum (especially anyone who might be thin...that would just ruin our friendship ;0) lol)  However, we could say we would like to lose x amount of pounds...or we could go by body weight % for the contest so it would be fair because the more you have to lose, the more you can lose, you know? (weight watchers goes in 10% weight loss incraments)  I would like to lose 35 pounds, maybe 40...  And then I would still not be skinny, but normal and within weight range.  

Can somone tell the trick-or-treaters to come early to get rid of all this candy in my house?  My husband, who actually has will-power, opened the bag and I feel like I grab something every time I walk by it!  I will have to buy more on Halloween!
I can't believe I spelled exercise "exercize"...I would much rather not realiZe when I make spelling mistakes.  
Hi Roze!
I love the spelling with the 'z'!

Z*