xanax vs valium

My Dr prescribed xanax as needed for muscle spasticity.  I have been reading more about valium for spasticity. Does it matter?? What's the difference??

D
forgot to mention, I am on Baclofen, the xanax is for extreme problems
I have to agree with what you have read.  Xanax is not commonly reported in the articles discussing spasticity.  In fact, it can have a paradoxical (reverse) reaction of "causing" spasticity.  

The two most common drugs are, indeed, valium (diazepam) and Klonopin (clonazepam).  Xanax and Valium are short-acting and clonazepam is long-acting.

My preference would be for the longer-acting clonazepam.  The longer acting benzodiazepines, although still highly addictive, tend to have less ferocious withdrawal syndromes.  Xanax (alprazolam) is notorious for it's addictiveness and severe withdrawal symptoms.  All the reading I found on Xanax discussed its use only with anxiety and panic attacks.

You might check with the pharmacy on this and maybe request another drug.

Quix
This was my GP...I will get a switch on Friday.  I never take the stuff cuz I didn't think it helped :)

Thanks (again)
D