Muscular Dystrophy Community
90 Members

Unknown cause of Atrophy in pectoral muscle

I first noticed a slight dent in the inner portion of my right pec muscle about 5 years ago. Today I am missing half of my pec as it continues to deteriorate in the direction of my shoulder. I am 24 years old and I exercise quite frequently. I am in pretty good shape and have no other muscular issues aside from this. I am here due to a lack of answers from doctors. I have had an Mri which showed missing muscle in the pec major and minor and no sign of a pec tear. I also had an MRI of my neck which came back fine as well as a chest X-ray that also came back fine. The multiple doctors I have seen are stumped and tell me it should Plateau and Not to worry but I am pretty worried which has brought me here to see if anyone has ever heard of a similar situation. I have spent years looking online and never seen someone with the same issue so any insight would be very helpful! If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer asap. Thank you
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease