Myelodysplastic Syndrome Community
42 Members

Thank you

I have never actually posted on this site but have read on it and many other sites. I am 18 years old and in November my beloved grandmother was diagnosed with MDS. The disease moved extremely fast and we went from needing only one transfusion to one transfusion a day. I read a lot of helpful information from this site on things we should do. Sadly she would not eat and slowly deteriorated until she caught pneumonia and within 24 hours she passed. I just came back to say thank you for the information and to say god bless to anyone who has this disease.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else