Myelodysplastic Syndrome Community
42 Members

What is next

Hi! I am new to this site but not new to MDS, I have been on decitabine treatments for 6 months, my blasts are at about 5% they were close to 3% when I started.  Not sure what to do now, nor is my onc.  He is going to talk with Dana Farber to see what they recommend, in the meantime, is there someone out there who was successful with treatment?  I did not choose to go with the transplant because of previous medical issues, so not sure where to go now.  I am not having treatment at e moment, however I am concerned.  Counts are normal for white, red & platelets are low any suggestions would be appreciated.
Contact the Aplastic Anemia and MDS Foundation as they can connect you with other patients who are using Dacogen through their support connection network, www.aamds.org.  Hope this information helps.  
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else