Myositis Community
48 Members

Dropfoot

What can be done about dropfoot?
Often times a person is fitted with a brace that goes in the shoe so that walking is easier and they don't fall/trip.  Sometimes PT helps as well.  I would discuss this with the MD that diagnosed you or the person with this...hopefully a Neurologist.  
I had footdrop following 7 hours of surgery. I went for physical therapy which did nothing. A friend told me not to cross my legs anymore. When i took her advice i realized how often i did it and it was quite hard to stop. After I stopped the leg and foot crossing, the footdrop was over. It took about 2 weeks.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.