Native American/Canadian Circle Community
17 Members

Any way to find away to pruve My husbands haratiage.

The records were burned in a church fire.All my husbands grandmothers records were lost in fire.And no one seems to have pictures of her.They just remember her.I think her marrige record is filed with the town clerk.Any ideas on how to get hold of anyone who could help us.My kids are intersted in their background.Thank you.
Hello! Are you in Canada or the US? If you are in Canada and you have your husbands Native Registry number, you can apply for a letter of Ancestry from Native Affairs. And if you are lucky and call the band he belongs to, someone in Memberships may be able to give you some information to go on...
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.