Native American/Canadian Circle Community
17 Members
Avatar universal

Any way to find away to pruve My husbands haratiage.

The records were burned in a church fire.All my husbands grandmothers records were lost in fire.And no one seems to have pictures of her.They just remember her.I think her marrige record is filed with the town clerk.Any ideas on how to get hold of anyone who could help us.My kids are intersted in their background.Thank you.
1 Responses
1741246 tn?1311327881
Hello! Are you in Canada or the US? If you are in Canada and you have your husbands Native Registry number, you can apply for a letter of Ancestry from Native Affairs. And if you are lucky and call the band he belongs to, someone in Memberships may be able to give you some information to go on...
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.