Natural Health Community
56 Members

Any thoughts about the ALCAT testing?

I had an ALCAT test done a couple of years ago, which produced a scoresheet of "bad" foods for me, semi-bad, somewhat okay and okay ones (my short description), based on some leukocyte examinations under a microscope, I think. Anyway, I have avoided all of the "forbidden" foods for a few years now, at some cost to my sanity- there were about 100 foods I could no longer enjoy- but I wonder if this was all bogus. Is the ALCAT test a scam? I have been fearful to resume eating the "toxic" foods, fearing that they may cause problems, but I can't get a clear idea if this test is valid and reliable or not. Half the articles online sing its praises; the other half says it's pure quackery. Any thoughts? Thank you very much.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.